About the job
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer in the Customer Operations team at Yoco, you will manage the designing, coding, and implementation of Salesforce applications, as well as the integration of third-party and internally built services.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ideate and develop outstanding technical solutions to support company goals
- Translate functional requirements into technical requirements
- Daily development activities, focused on designing and building high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices
- Oversee deployment processes and Staging-sandbox management
- Assist to troubleshoot complex Salesforce issues to resolution
- Ensure the best possible quality of the application
- Write test classes for the class that you develop and ensure more than 80% code coverage
- Identify bugs and align with requirements during debugging
- Test bug fixes to make sure they work as per requirements, then deploy them to production
- Improve platform code performance, security, scalability by identifying process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies
- Work with System Specialists, and Business Analysts to determine CRM needs and help implement best practices
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 5+ years experience in Salesforce development, supporting enterprise scale solutions.
- Development experience using Process Builder, Flows, Apex, Triggers, Visualforce, Lightning Components, Web Services, and Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/MetaData).
- Experience in designing custom objects, custom fields, picklists, page layouts, workflow, approval processes, validation rules, custom tabs, reports, Visualforce pages, dashboards, and email generation according to application requirements
- Experience integrating the Salesforce platform with our systems using third-party APIs and other back-end programming languages.
- Technical knowledge of Salesforce.com platform capabilities, functionalities, and limitations specifically around governor limits and best practices.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
- Experience in the payments industry.
- Experience in a consulting or high growth, tech environment.
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Developer (Application, Platform).
- Exceptional problem solving ability.
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery.
You will also be working closely with various leaders across the business, a diverse and passionate group of people.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!