Job Title: Software Architect
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Relocation and sponsorship assistance will be provided to successful candidates. Remote work is also available!
Who We Are
It all started with one developer’s vision. Carl Rodrigues, President and CEO of SOTI, has a classic story. While acting as an IT consultant, he developed solutions for managing mobile device screens from a desktop, an innovation that has put him ahead in what is now one of the largest growing markets – Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). With a passion for innovation, and a relentless drive for quality, Carl now leads one of the fastest growing, profitable, and self-sustaining companies in Canada, and continues to build on the company’s early lead in the enterprise mobility market.
At SOTI, we have demonstrated commitment to staying at the forefront of mobility management and security. We are deeply committed to researching and developing solutions that address today’s toughest mobility challenges.
In order for us to continue to develop new innovations and achieve the impossible, we are looking for Computer Science Experts, out-of-the-box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software.
What We’re Looking For
As a Software Architect in the Architecture and Security team, you will be responsible for defining and communicating the technical vision for the future architecture of MobiControl and other SOTI software applications. You will also help development teams to make this vison a reality, to design and build low friction APIs, highly responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs and the backend to support them. This is a hands-on role in which you will spend approx. 40% of the time coding.
As the successful candidate, you are a Computer Science expert with strong logical thinking, excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, software architecture and design, and you understand the logic behind how things work.
This is an exciting opportunity for foreign applicants who require a work permit to work in Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Drive architectural design for SOTI’s products; design major components of the architecture, including APIs, services, user interface, and middleware.
- Advocate, document, and enforce best engineering practices, design and implementation principles, coding standards; drive high quality in all phases of software development.
- Assist development teams with design review; suggest innovative solutions targeting large-scale performance, security, and fast delivery; develop prototypes and proof of concepts; enforce compliance with design and security.
- Identify technical debt; assist development teams with technical debt elimination.
- Collaborate with senior management, product, support, and other technical teams, collect requirements, define and communicate product technical strategy, architecture, and design.
- Create and maintain an architecture roadmap, principles, policies, and procedures, a repository of design artefacts (solution architecture, high- and low-level designs)
- Help in growing technical expertise in SOTI; mentor and educate developers as well as quality assurance specialists
- Have fun, with all of the above!
Experience You’ll Bring
- Expertise in Computer Science with excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and software architecture, and you understand the logic behind the relationships within programs themselves
- 5-7 years of combined experience architecting, designing, and implementing multi-tiered software applications
- Deep experience in agile software development life cycle, practices, and tools (coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, QA)
- Good knowledge of relational data models, SQL, and RDBMS (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL)
- Experience in taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience working on complex business problems and providing technical solutions that are effective, creative, and efficient.
- Highly proficient in defining and documenting software architectures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Front-end architecture experience (Angular JS, Node.js, React, CSS, HTML)
- Experience with NOSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, HBase)
- Strong education in Computer Science/Math is preferred