Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems...
Read more about this company
Specific Sales Person to do drive Field Service Sales in the Limpopo and Mpumalanga area. Person should preferably be based in Polokwane.
- Responsible for Sales and business development of MV, LV and products for use in mining and Industrial applications.
- Responsible for obtaining max sales and to achieve yearly budget determined by business.
- Customer relations and ensure that we build and improved relationship with all end users and EPC’s.
- Support to customers and EPC’s with technical guidance as well as planning.
- Support and collaboration with all other internal departments as well as with customers.
- Responsible to maintain legal responsibilities as well as integrity at all time
- 4-year college degree in electrical engineering or related fields
- 3-10 years technical(sales) experience.
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical in Field Services.
- Understand the existing market – main players, customers, competitors
- Have hands on experience and capability to troubleshot customers issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including C-level customers
- Thorough knowledge of Schneider Electric services offers throughout the Asset Management Life Cycle of the product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools. Excellent organizational skills.
go to method of application »
Field Service Admin and Order Management
Contract support (i) in the Sales phase through to Project close stage or (ii) exclusively in the Execution stage, Contract Administrator's mission is
- Provide sales support including preparation of proposed contract documentation, contract review and negotiation in accordance with the SRM guidelines,
- Process contract review, approval and sign off and credit approval
- Ensure timely Contract acknowledgement and/ or attestation and coming in to force is administered
- Analyze and highlight key contract administration points for contractual, financial and tax risks through collaboration with Corporate Functions and Project Execution Team;
- Anticipate and manage the relevant contractual, financial and tax risks.
- Assist the project execution team in the timely administration of the contract obligations for notices of delay, extension of time, pricing and agreement of variations, claims management, subcontract administration, record keeping, etc.
- Dispute avoidance and resolution in a timely manner
- Contributes to improving the profitability of the project as well as improving the cash flow for the Project.
To provide Sales / Tender support
- Attend customer pre contract meetings
- Preparation of schedule of rates
- Credit and risk review
- Subcontract enquiry and vetting
- Preparation of contractual approval documentation
Contract and Credit approval
- Recommend contract set up
- Review contract documentation and preparation of comments
- Negotiation of the final contract documentation
- Process credit approval
- Order/ contract review & approval, contract acknowledgement and attestation
Reviews and highlights the key contractual, financial risks and administrative obligations of the Project
- Analyses the contract, taking into account the context of the project, in order to enforce the contractual rights;
- Manages contract coming into force (means of payment, bonds, insurances...)
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, anticipates any contractual and financial risks and make sure that they are mitigated or managed effectively
- Ensures compliance with the Group Rules/internal policies
Assist the Project Manager in
- Contract administration, notice requirements e.g. variations, delays, extension of times, loss and/ or expense
- Preparation and agreement of schedule of rates
- Subcontract procurement
- Change management recovery pricing, negotiation and agreement of variations/ claims (loss and expense)
- Monthly project reviews, risk anticipation and mitigation
- Cost/ value reconciliation and forecasting
- Contract correspondence
- Dispute and RTP management
- Preparation and agreement of applications for payment and invoices
- Agreement of subcontract variations/ claims, payment review and certification
- Timely final account preparation, negotiation and agreement
Reviews and applies financial aspects of the Project
- Implements and monitors manufacturing and credit risk securization; managing Letter of credit, insurance, bank guarantees, currency hedging and working directly with bank, insurers and brokers
- Manages billing and payment in close collaboration with Project Manager, Logistics and Corporate Functions (credit management, tax department...)
- Contributes to improve and control profitability of business and cash flow of the Project (payment terms optimization, B2B subcontract terms, accurate progress billing, financial cost optimization bank fees, insurance costs...)
- Works closely with Contract Manager or Execution Solution Contract Manager namely on the follow up of all financial means (milestones, expiry dates, ...) and payment aspect of the Project
- Supports Tender Solution Contract Manager at offer stage when needed on specific matters (Letters of Credit, Bank guarantees...)
Reviews and applies tax aspects of the Project
- Masters tax issues on billing;
- Works closely with Contract Manager or Execution Solution Contract Manager and Corporate functions when Permanent Establishment or VAT registration is necessary.
- Complies with Schneider Electric's execution tools & processes;
- Contributes to the Risk and Opportunity analysis follow up in his fields of skills in close collaboration with Project Manager;
- Anticipates and participates when needed to internal policies and Group projects reviews committees;
- Complies with Group Guidelines while executing the contract.
- University and/or Business School diploma, Master's degree or equivalent, business administration, finance, contract, international trade, and/or law
- Fluent in English;
- At least 3 years’ experience in Contract Administration, international trade and/or finance
- Ability to handle complex matters concurrently with both synthetic and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
go to method of application »
Projects or Services
- Understand the high-level Scope of Work (SoW).
- Assist the project manager to draw up a project plan by estimating effort/duration on individual tasks.
- Engage with customers to understand their business needs. Translate needs into measurable and achievable requirements. Document requirements in a Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS). Submit FRS to the customer for signature to ensure mutually understood and agreed details of the SoW.
- Design solutions that will satisfy customer requirements. Proposed solutions should follow best practice guidelines, be robust to optimize availability, follow the latest trends and changes in technology for sustainability and performance. Document the designs in a Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and/or Technical Design Specifications (TDS).
- Conduct handover session with other resources assigned to the same SoW.
- Validate that the solutions in the FDS/TDS meets the requirements defined in the FRS and conforms to best practices and quality standards.
- Take full control and ownership of individual tasks or complete SoW assigned to you.
- Execute solutions. Where tasks are not clearly defined in FDS/TDS, engineered solutions should follow best practice guidelines, be robust to optimize availability, follow the latest trends and changes in technology for sustainability and performance.
- Test engineered solutions at various stages of the project life cycle. Including, but not limited to Unit testing (UT), Internal Testing (IT), Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT). Develop test documentation based on FRS, best practices and quality standards. Capture results in test documentation.
- Deploy engineered solutions in customer production environment.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving methods to diagnose and resolve issues promptly.
- Develop, maintain, contribute and adhere to best practices, lessons learned and quality standards.
- Manage individual priorities, deliverables and utilization & efficiency (time management).
- Onsite project work as required.
- After hours standby as required.
- Assist front office with technical scoping and capability aspects of solutions during the sales cycle.
- Assist tendering by provide input into effort and duration for quoting purpose.
- Promote value-add solutions, services and add-ons to customers during project engagements.
- Identify opportunities to widen the use of the company’s solutions within projects and services.
- Provide front office with leads generated through, for example, value-add promotion.
- Ensure technical skills and knowledge is continually improved in line with corporate direction, changes in technology and industry trends.
- Contribute to improving engineering capabilities/processes by sharing knowledge and ideas within the team.
- Ensures that activities conform with relevant government regulations, company policies, standard and ethics
Communication & Reporting
- Consult with colleagues in areas of technical expertise.
- Keep project manager and other relevant stakeholders up to date with progress on assigned tasks.
- Participate in communication plan to build/maintain client relationships.
- Conduct all communications in a professional manner.
- Provide early warning to the project manager on newly identified and changing risks, problems or issues.
- Perform administrative duties as related to the role including timely completion and submission of timesheets, appraisals, support tickets and expense claims.
- Keep informed w.r.t company policies, standard and ethics.
- Keep document management system up to date with all project backups, documentation, reports, timesheets, expenses, certificates, etc.
- Manage personal objective, company goals and project commitments.
- Relationship Management
Maintain and encourage appropriate communications and cooperation with
- Customers / Partners / Supplies
- Other divisions and entities within the company
- Project and services team
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Complies with company and customer HS&E standards and policies, at all times.
- Takes a personal interest (or 'actively owns') HS&E issues and activities within your area of responsibility - lead by example.
B.Eng (Computer, Electrical, Industrial), Bsc Information Technology
Job Related Experience
Previous experience in the delivery of
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Information Systems (MIS), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Business Intelligence (BI).
- Software and applications architecture and design.
- SQL Server (DB, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Software development (C#, ASP.Net)
- Solid technical report writing skills
- Business process and data modelling tools
- Knowledge of project management processes and software
- Business needs analysis
- Business process mapping
- Risk management
- Health, safety and environment
- Technical sales support
- High level of organizational and administrative skills
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Planning and scheduling
go to method of application »
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Support internal and external customer queries for Industry Business, Global Operations.
- Provide technical support and consult with customers in order to provide sound solutions and professional advice in the area of Industry Business (PLC’s, HMI’s, SCADA and Industrial Networks).
- Build strong professional relationships with team members to create a collaborative, supportive environment in order to achieve optimal team performance and establish positive team morale.
- Build strong professional relationships with customers (internal and external) to provide premium service to ensure customer satisfaction and Schneider Electric Brand reliability.
- Comprehend and understand the Schneider Electric Industry products in order to provide product support, service and advice in the following fields
- Engineering tasks and processes
- Product Licenses
- Product and application upgrades
- Product and application support.
- Sales support
- Industry solutions
- Grasp and understand enterprise solutions
- Focused on application and product improvement.
- Keep up to date with product improvement and technology offers.
- Consult clients on improvement initiatives and be value driven.
Education & Experience
- Engineering qualification (Electrical, Electronic or similar) or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- 3-5 Years’ experience with programming and configuring SCADA software packages, PLC platforms, Microsoft Operating Systems, Industrial Communications and Industrial Networks.
- Experience dealing with customer and managing customer relationships to ensure future business and customer satisfaction and support.
- Writing Technical Reports
- Experience with health and safety regulations, completing safety risk analysis reports and audits
Knowledge And Skills
- Strong PLC knowledge, control systems experience and SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of structured programming, communication techniques and protocols.
- Knowledge of data communications protocols, networking equipment and computer operating systems.
- Ability to prepare, read and understand technical documentation.
- Ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual and team member to resolve complex faults.
- Developed interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people of a different culture.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Ability to perform and make decisions in a stressful environment.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to safe working practices in accordance with health and safety, corporate values and strategies
- Focused on deliverables and project milestones.
- Project Management and negotiating skills
go to method of application »
2020 Graduate Intake
Schneider Electric has an amazing opportunity for a young person to join the team on a 12 month contract to gain experience and exposure in the various disciplines of Human Resources. Lets make 2020 a great year for you by being a part of a dynamic and ever learning environment.
You will get to understand the world of work and interact with various internal and external stakeholders. Take that bold step in defining your career by applying to the program.
What You Need
- Degree in Human Resources/ Industrial Psychology
- Obtained 60 average on modules
- 0-2 years working experience
- SA Citizen
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Can do attitude and you will be very successful in this opportunity
go to method of application »
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a customer care team ensuring the achievement of targets and objectives as set out by the business.
- Ensures that enquiries are resolved quickly and competently, in a manner which enhances the organization’s customer relationships both internally and externally.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in a broad range of Schneider Electric product solutions & services.
- Manage and develop Customer Care Agents by Providing training and leadership.
- Ensure Technical support agents respond to complex customer enquiries (fax, phone, emails) in a proficient manner, on time, accurately and within set parameters.
- Make sure that the service level agreements are achieved based on the cases and calls answered within the set timeframes.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop Technical support staff to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Ensure planning, performance & feedback meetings are held.
- Ensure all call assessments are conducted on agents based on inbound and outbound calls on a weekly basis
- Monitor the status of customer service activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Analyze customer enquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where customer service can be improved.
- Develop problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist customer service staff to respond to enquiries that are recurring or routine.
- Ensure daily and weekly workloads are being assessed and that agents are working optimally.
- Ensure notification of price changes are communicated and implemented timorously.
- Communicate all issues and provide solutions where possible, i.e. failed deliveries, out of stocks etc.
- Ensure agents provide accurate technical support to internal & external customers.
- Ad hoc Duties as and when required.
- Ensure that customer requests for quotations are done within the set parameters
- Have and understanding of the market and competitors in order to best promote Schneider Electric in the local market
- Ability to evaluate customer potential (penetration, attractiveness, accessibility) in order to verify sales opportunities
Administration and Control
- Ensure daily activity reports are done timorously.
- Check & action activity reports twice a day.
- Provide data and reports as and when required to management.
- Adhere to the Call Centre Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Assist in training of new staff members.
- Assess feasibility and obtain authorization prior to processing special deliveries.
- Communicate unresolved customer problems to Customer Care Manager providing details and action taken.
- Respond to Internal & external customer enquiries and provide resolution.
- Ensure pricing queries for all customers are addressed.
- Ensure any discrepancies are followed up with rep or customer prior to order capture
- Supervise the time management of the CCC Agents and address as and when necessary.
- Ensure all CCC Agents are well informed of all processes, procedures & policies.
- Ensure all leave requests are attended too, once approved via email employee’s capture on SAP.
- Ensure that all staff understand and effectively apply the Schneider Electric Culture.
- Ensure 100% adherence to the CCC Rules and the Schneider Electric Disciplinary Code.
- Implement and maintain performance management with all staff.
- Handle disciplinary enquiries as and when needed.
- Assess staff training needs.
- Recruitment of staff.
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating, rewards and incentive schemes.
- Ensure an effective working relationship is maintained with Internal and External customers.
- To ensure correct escalation of technical queries as and when required.
- To provide customers with accurate information regarding orders on the system
- To make recommendations regarding possible equivalents/ replacements when necessary
- Relevant technical qualification at NQF5/ National Diploma in Engineering
- Relevant experience in electrical distribution and industrial automation
- Atleast 5 years Team leader experience
- Customer service agent is experience preferred
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.