About the job:
A mid to junior to mid-level consultant to team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
- Apply core finance and accounting knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function.
- Improving the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes.
- Supporting our clients to improve their controllership close-to-report cycle. This includes assessing their people, processes, and systems.
- Providing practical and pragmatic accounting solutions.
- Supporting clients during disruptive events (large transactions, such as IPO readiness, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, etc.)
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
- Newly qualified CA(SA) or B Com Financial accounting degree
- B Com Financial management degree
- B Com IT degreeAnd/ or B Com Internal Audit and
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting and internal controls or SOX experience
- Our diverse and inclusive Assurance Services team is growing rapidly to meet increasing client demand in solving challenges in the Finance function. We need you to help us make an impact that matters.
We’re looking for someone with some or more of the following attributes:
- Understanding of finance business processes (“as-is”, gap analysis, documentation, flowcharts)
- Internal controls design and testing to address risks identified within a process
- Experience in finance functions optimisation / improvements with ERP and reporting packages / systems (SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Hyperion, etc) experience.
- Understanding of the chart of accounts structure and design of month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
- Experience with advanced Excel – macros, etc.
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Understanding of the audit and advisory businesses, and their interaction with wider firm locally and globally, strategy and challenges
- Notable experience on providing Strategic Insights to Partners
- Project management experience
- Excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with all levels of staff & leadership
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Exceptional business acumen
go to method of application »
Main Purpose of Job
- Senior Consultants perform detailed, quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address our Clients’ biggest challenges.
Responsibilities typical of a Senior Consultant on one of these projects could include:
- Support the Engagement Manager in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency;
- Raise issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement
- Identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with management to win the business
- Assist in development of client presentations / discussion documentation
- Actively build business relationships that generate leads
- Gather information to understand broader offerings of Deloitte and seek opportunities for cross-selling
- Raise solutions to address issues in area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to client
Client Impact: External / Internal:
- Communicate regularly with both Engagement Manager and client to meet deliverable expectations in specific area of expertise
- Develop productive working relationships with client staff
- Proactively identify client needs and problem technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address these
- Manage risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies
- Consistently review and analyse accuracy and quality of own deliverables
- Maintain clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status
Development/Growth of Team:
- Share expertise and knowledge with team members and assist where possible to ensure quality and timeous delivery of work
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Maintain own development and knowledge in specialized area
- Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per SLA
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 4 years relevant working experience
- 3 years in a client facing role
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Executive Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instill confidence in clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Global Mindset - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to address client business challenges in the intersection of process and technology
go to method of application »
Main Purpose of Job
Develop and grow our Treasury services to Corporates and Banks by delivering client projects, bringing practical experience to the team and building Deloitte’s eminence in this space. Such projects primarily entail current state assessments against industry best practice and relevant regulatory requirements, future state design, governance and control reviews as part of internal / external audits, system implementation reviews, and remediations / large-scale treasury transformations.
In terms of corporates, the treasury environment as referred to in this document includes cash and liquidity management, including counterparty credit risk; FX, interest rate and sometimes commodity risk management. In terms of banks, the treasury environment as referred to in this document includes liquidity, IRRBB, ALM – support on capital-related projects such as ICAAP may also be required from time to time.
The candidate should note that currently, the largest component of our business pertains to Corporate Treasury (although there may be a shift to Bank Treasury again, dependent on future regulatory changes.
- CA (SA) or degree/ honours/ masters in Risk Management, Mathematics or Statistics
- CFA / FRM / PRM preferable
- Work experience in the treasury or trading risk environment of a bank or corporate (Required)
- 5-10 years in Market Risk / Treasury / Liquidity Risk roles that encompass responsibilities such as:
- Market Risk (mainly FX, interest rates and some commodities) - understanding of financial derivatives and how these are utilised by Corporates and Banks for risk management purposes. Understanding of pricing models and common risk metrics (sensitivities, stress tests, VaR).
- Liquidity – experience in cash management, liquidity risk management, counterparty risk management, funding / debt management, funds transfer pricing.
- Experience in terms of governance and controls, including policies and procedure documentation.
- Experience with trading, risk management, and or corporate treasury systems.
- Front office, Middle office (e.g. product / valuation control) or Risk experience
- Governance and controls, policies and procedure documentation.
- Willingness to travel to regions such as Africa and the Middle East (including Saudi Arabia) subject to prevailing travel restrictions.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, you will be expected to:
- Contribute to a high-performing team
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What You Will Do / Specialized Competencies
You will be primarily responsible for execution on client engagements and growing the business.Our services range from:
- Supporting clients in understanding new market developments and “what good looks like”, i.e. as defined by industry best practice or relevant regulations.
- Identify gaps in clients’ treasury and financial risk management capabilities, defining solutions and supporting the implementation thereof
- We service clients in South Africa, the Middle East and the rest of Anglophone Africa.
Key Performance areas
Implements our business strategy within area of responsibility including:
- Revenue targets
- Talent management
- Communication to teams
- Tracking of plans in engagements / projects
- Actively identifies sales opportunities in broader market
- Preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations
- Participates in sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Grows market network with key players and builds long-term relationships
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines for cross-selling opportunities and combined engagement pursuits
- Identifies innovative solutions on projects / engagements to enhance / renew service offerings to client
- Drives own client portfolio and profitable book of business
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Maintains high level oversight of client engagements / projects
- Forms appropriate judgements based on careful analysis to makes sound business decisions on engagements / projects
- Develops productive, credible and trusting relationships with key players and their teams during assignments / projects
- Builds a network of senior-level internal relationships across Deloitte to understand other business unit offerings and to market own area
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with external business leaders across industries
- Contributes to thought leadership and shares knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams
- Manages engagement/project risk through supervision of completion of required documentation and processes as mandated by Risk & Independence, as well as risk to client confidentiality
- Leads / manages complex client engagements and maintains high level oversight of all engagements / projects within sphere of responsibility
- Meets regularly with clients and teams to understand issues, anticipate needs and address these
- Consistently drives improvement on deliverables through effective leadership
- Keeps leadership updated on status of all assignments
- Communicates need for any changes in engagement / project plan to relevant leadership and obtains agreement for relevant amendments
- Provides ongoing communication to teams on status of engagement / project, changes, achievements, etc.
- Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
Development/Growth of Team
- Mentors and develops team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Empowers managers through appropriate delegation of work
- Develops close working relationships with key talent
- Maintains dynamic succession plans for every critical resource, depending on the profile / need expertise
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area and business
- Demonstrates commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
- Provides consistent recognition and encouragement to teams and leads by example
Budgets / Profitability
- Construct engagement teams with suitable talent, balancing correct levels and numbers and recruiting as necessary
- Manages margins effectively through accurate budgeting, pricing and profitability management on engagements
- Monitors that time and expenses to engagements are recorded and submitted weekly
- Ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
- (May) negotiate pricing for engagements to ensure profitability whilst maintaining client interests
- Living our Purpose - Leads by example; is a role model in living our values; inspires others to raise the bar and deliver outstanding value to our stakeholders, colleagues and communities; seeks out opportunities to recognize individuals and teams for the impact they make; and connects their contributions with our broader purpose.
- Influence - Builds broad and deep relationships, that span organizational boundaries, and include a diverse network of internal and external stakeholders; effectively uses a wide range of influencing tactics, can respond effectively to complex organizational or political climates; anticipates potential conflict based on knowledge of interpersonal and group dynamics; and proactively takes steps to prevent or resolve it.
- Strategic Direction - Clearly communicates direction to team(s) in line with overall global, business and member firm strategies; capable of creating, owning, and articulating a compelling vision and goals for multiple teams, and helping people at all levels to understand how the parts fit together into a whole.
- Talent Development - Identifies skills needed for the future, spots and develops high-potential talent to meet emerging needs; coaches and mentors managers and other team members to develop and capitalize on their strengths and prepare them for transition to the next level; and creates an experience within the teams they lead that attracts and retains top talent.
- Performance drive - Aligns team roles with individual strengths to build and inspire high-performing teams; coaches and empowers team members to stretch their capabilities and ensures they have access to the right resources, within and across businesses and borders, to deliver results and provides timely recognition and feedback, while holding people and teams accountable for results.