Massmart, Africas second-largest retail group, comprises four divisions operating in 423 stores, across 13 sub- Saharan countries. Through our widelyrecognised, differentiated retail and wholesale formats, we have leading shares in the General Merchandise, Liquor, Home Improvement, and wholesale food markets. Our key foundations of high volume, low cost, ...
Read more about this company
To lead a regional team of operational managers and staff across allocated Massmart banners, responsible for effective and high levels of order fulfilment, aligned to agreed SLAs and customer expectations. Empower regional operations managers to assist store operations teams to achieve financial performance targets, while applying data analysis and insights to continuously improve performance
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to strategic plans and identify regional ecommerce strategy through consultation with Regional Fulfilment Managers, Regional Operations Managers and Branch Managers.
- Communicate strategy effectively to all key stakeholders and ensure Regional Operations Managers are aligned
- Monitor store operation’s effectiveness in executing strategy in respect of fulfilment, processes and customer service
- Determine in conjunction with eCommerce Operations Executive , SLAs and market dominance targets and ensure that regional strategy supports these metrics
- Review on regular basis tactical plans formulated by store operations teams and provide guidance in terms of execution.
- Submit monthly report and conduct reviews to the eCommerce Operations Executive covering store related queries
Omnichannel fulfillment and execution management
- Responsible for the management of the fulfilment execution of customer orders, within the agreed fulfillment SLA, for all stores in the region
- Actively track key performance indicators, to identify process, resource, structure & systems failures and successes
- Make use of available reports & analysis to better understand operational trends and fulfilment realities in order to take corrective action on points of failure and track performance improvements
- Provide operational reports and analysis as and when required by Operations Fulfilment Head to inform planning and management of Omni channel fulfilment
- Drive the standardization of processes and best practices, across Fulfilment teams in stores, in order to deliver a consistent customer experience
- Communicate effectively and regularly with relevant stakeholders to ensure that a cohesive and effective operational environment with adequate support, exists to achieve fulfilment targets and objectives
- Ensure that store fulfilment leads are engaging relevant store teams to address stock availability risks and issues.
- Identify stock availability trends impacting store fulfillment and raise with Fulfillment Operations Lead.
- Track & manage spend as per the fulfilment budget
Achieve financial targets
- Empower regional operations managers to assist store operations teams to achieve financial performance so that budgeted sales, margin, margin growth targets, cost/ expenses ratios, stock loss results and PBIT are achieved. Ensure that store management is coached to use potential opportunities and market Intelligence to achieve and improve on budgets and targets and to maximize profitability
- Receive and review reports from store operations on monthly basis on key online data for each region
- Identify and contribute to the development of the continuous improvement roadmap in order to support the execution of the fulfillment strategy and meet customer value proposition
- Identify ineffective and inefficient systems, processes and procedures and then develop and drive corrective action plans with relevant stakeholders
- Develop, implement and manage continuous improvement initiatives, in order to ensure sustainable adoption and achievement of the business objectives.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of omnichannel fulfilment initiatives and to obtain support and alignment as required
Analyze market and competitors to ensure profitability and market dominance
- Empower Regional operation managers to hold store operations accountable for ensuring that information is gathered on market trends, competitors and customer needs (competitor activity, performance, range, price, promotions, competitiveness, customer service and service levels). Discuss formal feedback with relevant parties weekly. Ensure that stores initiate actions out of findings.
- Ensure that business development is driven through coaching of store management teams to action customer recruitment and improve customer spend through personal involvement in business development. Ensure effective implementation of relevant action plans
- Improve company profile by participating in business forums and through ensuring store management team's involvement in community projects
Ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure that Regional Operations Managers are driving store management teams to achieve customer service excellence and that sales staff are trained, signed off, coached, motivated, performance managed and reinforced to provide customer service excellence and thorough product knowledge.
- Monitor customer satisfaction trends with Regional Operations Managers to ensure that action is effectively initiated arising out of customer feedback, including customer satisfaction indices, mystery shopping and service systems
- Ensure best practices between regions and stores are shared
- Ensures customer relationships are built, maintained and drives business development by identifying and analyzing customer trends (for example; customer satisfaction scores, nil picks, wait times, sales, and orders per day)
- Develop strategies and action plans to increase business including community event participation
Management of human capital
- Review regional structures in order to maximize efficiencies and revise ideal staffing structures where necessary
- Communicate proposed changes to regional structures with the Regional Operations Managers and ensure alignment to agreed structures and personnel expenses
- Review the DNA scoring of fulfillment team and address out of line areas in order to build and establish a culture that is in line with DNA principles
- Assess staff morale through DNA feedback, climate surveys, staff turnover and grievances and actively contribute towards driving an action plan to remedy the climate where necessary together with the Regional Operations Managers and Regional People Partners
- Review the monthly HR Dashboard with the Regional Operations Managers and Regional People Partners in order to address out of line areas
- Provide input into Regional Strategic Talent Reviews in order to gauge potential talent as well as to ascertain risk with regard to talent depletion. Formulate action plans with Regional Operations Managers in order to effectively manage and retain talent
- Review potential in the operational teams as identified by Regional Operations Managers and ensure that succession plans are actioned and consistently updated
- Ensure that we recruit, select, promote, reward and develop team members in accordance with fair, objective criteria in order to attract and retain the best people
Achieve operational excellence
- Monitor the effectiveness of operational standards as overseen by the Regional Operations Managers (on time in full, customer service levels, stock availability, service levels, pricing, promotional execution, staff dress codes, safety and productivity), as well as all compliance to company policies and procedures to reduce business risk. Monitor the implementation of action plans to address shortfalls
- Request updates from the Regional Operations Managers on the management of the audit checklists by the Regional team members.
- Support Regional Operations Managers in ensuring that stores manage risk effectively, that company assets are protected and maintained, that contingency plans are in place for all possible risks and that all legal requirements are adhered to (labour relations, health and safety, VAT refunds, etc). Ensure regular audit evaluations are done and that reports and action plans arising from these are submitted to eCommerce Operations Executive
- Ensure that new stores, acquisitions are integrated into the business and that all operational /ecommerce standards are adhered to by management team
Lead, manage and mobilize the Regional Operations Managers
- Ensure that ecommerce and company vision and values are lived, communicate the vision and strategy to your team and ensure that they understand it and that the vision is turned into action in the region. Review implementation continuously, ensuring that all behaviors, decisions and actions within the team are aligned to company vision and values
- Identify where change and transformation are needed in the team. Initiate and manage the process, ensuring improved performance and building commitment to the changes.
- Establish good ethical conduct at all times and ensure your leadership practices are always consistent with healthy staff morale
Audit and Compliance
- Identify, correct and track non-compliance to standard fulfilment policies, procedures, processes and templates
- Review store audit feedback as it pertains to Omni channel fulfilment and drive corrective action with store fulfillment lead
- Identify fulfilment risks and then plan and implement mitigations in conjunction with Fulfilment Operations Lead
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Engage key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives
- Manage relationships with store operations. Review and manage key vendor delivery against agreed SLAs
- Negotiate product volumes, costs, and terms with vendors
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience required for this position
- Appropriate business degree
- +5 years experience in fulfilment
- +3 years experience in a management position
go to method of application »
This role exists to execute team management, work allocation and incentives for an allocated team of Master Data Controllers, thereby overseeing and driving the creation, maintenance and cleansing of articles on the master file across product, customer, vendor, location, finance and/or associate data areas, as necessary.
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Master Data Management
- Ensure master data integrity and quality, by ensuring that articles are created according to agreed business processes and standards through correct utilisation of appropriate systems.
- Monitor team and guide in the creation, update and maintenance of master files and identification of duplicates and discrepancies to ensure accurate and consistent data.
- Manage article master requests from relevant stakeholders (e.g. Head Office and stores).
- Oversee team execution of ad hoc requests and general filing and administration.
- Ensure teams filing and administration standards are kept.
- Handle first level query escalations.
- Perform quality audits and implement corrective measures with team.
- Prioritise work allocation.
- Generate productivity scorecards.
- Manage relationships with key vendor stakeholders to drive operational excellence and cost-effective delivery.
- Drive adherence to SLA requirements and ensure team execution according to key contracts across data capturing, validation and other core master data activities.
Risk, Governance and Compliance
- Proactively keep up to date with required legislative, governance and compliance requirements.
- Oversee full compliance with global and local corporate governance, financial and statutory requirements.
- Drive adherence to internal control measures to safeguard the business and ensure the integrity of its records.
- Drive compliance with established internal control procedures and authority levels.
- Oversee that exposure to business risks are managed and mitigated through the adoption of effective actions and measures
- Identify team training needs.
- Manage associate and own career and skills development.
- Participate in mentoring sessions by executives and mentor team.
- Facilitate knowledge and skills transfer within team.
- Manage performance cycles.
- Execute talent management in team and foster team building.
- Engage internal customers and stakeholders and respond timeously to requests.
- Build relationships within divisions, group and Walmart as well as key external stakeholders and service providers, as required.
- Proactively manage divisional relationships and expectations.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience required for this position
- Degree or diploma in data management or similar
- Relevant diploma advantageous
- 2–3 years’ experience in administration or data capturing
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks for a large team
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to lead a team and drive consensus
- Ability to effectively manage conflicts
- Ability to apply critical thinking and ensure quick decision making
- Ability to network internally and externally
- Strong administration skills
- Awareness of tools and technologies deployable in this area
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.