Job Opening at WhereIsMyTransport
Posted on: 2 March, 2018
Deadline: 30 March, 2018
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at WhereIsMyTransport
WhereIsMyTransport is a technology company with offices in London and Cape Town. We collect and provide access to public transport data from African cities, overcoming the complexity of local networks and enabling customer success through our unique data and services. Our offerings include data collection, data access, and journey planning.
Summary of role:
- You will work closely with our Cape Town team but will likely spend much of your time in (or travelling between) our target markets in Africa.
- You will bring - and/or build - a strong pipeline of opportunities with public sector organisations in our target markets (countries and cities), and you will qualify new leads and opportunities.
- You will close deals with our target clients, so that our platform enables intelligent transport systems and data-centric mobility in our target markets.
- You will own and manage ongoing client relationships and recurring revenue streams, year on year.
- You will be measured on deals closed and revenue from recurring relationships in target markets.
- You will work with our marketing team to raise our profile in target markets, building partnerships with key development/institutional partners that will contribute to the reach, reputation, and revenue of the business.
- You will translate client business problems into high quality solutions, using our product and service proposition, and you will work with our product and data teams to ensure that projects are managed and executed brilliantly.
- You will build networks and provide market insight and recommendations to support decision making and business strategy.
- You will be an ambassador for the company, representing us at events, participating in conferences, and underpinning our leadership position in the market.
- You will mentor other team members in business development, and you will be a positive influence everyone in the business.
- You are bright, energetic, organised and hard working.
- You are a strategic thinker - driven by results. You make things happen; you get things done.
- You have a track record of building successful long-term B2G / public sector relationships.
- You will need to demonstrate a background (or some experience) in mobility / urbanism / transport / sustainability / ICT / economic development.
- You are professionally mature, and you have high levels of professional and emotional intelligence.
- You are commercially savvy.
- You will enjoy travelling frequently in Africa and further afield.
- You're a communicator - you know how to listen, and how to get the best from the people around you in order to get things done.
- You are comfortable speaking in public.
- You write beautifully.
- You know your way around Salesforce and the day-to-day tools and technologies of business development and marketing in 2017. (If you happen to be an expert, that won't hurt at all. And any experience you have using more specialised software is always going to be an advantage.)
- You are adaptable, resilient and resourceful; and you love a deadline.
- You work quickly and accurately, you have excellent focus, and you tend to obsess over the detail.
- You are hands-on and self-motivated. You know when to ask for help, but you're enjoy working independently - without supervision - towards agreed objectives.
- You are ambitious. You know where you're going, and what you want, and you won't be afraid to ask for help getting there.
- You are an optimist - someone who brings positive energy.
- You are curious - you like to know how things work, and you're particularly interested in mobility / urbanism / transport / sustainability / ICT / economic development.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You care about making a difference.
- +5 Years Experience
- Relevant Diploma and/or Degree
How to Apply
- You must be Cape Town-based, or able to work in Cape Town immediately. We will be interviewing face-to-face in Cape Town.
- Come prepared to talk about your experience in similar or related roles, and to tell your favourite stories of the work you have done and the impact you are proud to have made.
- We want to know what gets you excited - the sort of work you'd like to be doing now, and in future.
- We are big fans of intellectual agility and curiosity, and - across the team - we insist on the highest quality of thinking and attention to detail. Come prepared to show us how you measure up.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to WhereIsMyTransport career website on whereismytransport.mytribehr.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs