SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
Main Purpose of the Job
In conjunction with the business strategy set by the AFL Business Manager and respective Operations Manager, provide a financial administrative service for the AFL Trade divisions and its customers in accordance with the SGS Group Finance policies, business procedures, AFL Trade including the processing and servicing of debtors and creditors.
The drafting and maintenance of an Income/Expense Plan together with the Business Manager: and Operations Manager AFL Trade: AFL Trade Division based on the budget, company register and diary;
- Financial functions and responsibilities will be two-fold (although one position has full responsibility for one function, administrators need to be able to fulfill any of the two roles)
- Invoicing (Central Billing);
The Financial Administrator Central Billing has overall responsibility for the following:
- Setting up and maintenance of all pricelists and templates on BOSS for the cost center;
- Where required, opening of all jobs on BOSS, prior to the start of the service execution (this may be required in some instances, where the relevant planning function do not use a Sales Order as confirmation of the service e.g. public training);
- Invoice clients within 5 days of completion of the service in the month in which audits and training or other service occurred in accordance with the diary after confirming with the relevant Administrators that such services did indeed take place (this has to include all parts of the billing process);
- Recording IDN’s for any recognition of internal revenue;
- Updating of relevant tracking sheet with the information of the invoice as per departmental requirements;
- Dispatch of invoice to customer within 1 day after issuing of the invoice;
- Debtors control for all COD accounts and ensure that payment is received within the month of invoice;
- Liaison with finance department to ensure allocations of payments are done where relevant;
- Requesting approval for and processing of credit notes;
- Rolling revenue forecasts monthly;
- Up-keeping and maintenance of financial records;
- Ensure that no unbilled revenue transactions are processed and work with the relevant operations departments to prevent this;
- React promptly to client enquiries and ensure service excellence;
- Monthly reconciliations within Vision to ensure accuracy of records;
- Liaison with Finance Team with any corrections required, with the approval of the relevant HOD or Business Manager.
- Performing issuance and processing of all Quotes in conjunction with Line manger
- Annual revision of all standard (price lists) quotes for the following year to set clients in conjunction with Line manger
- The Financial Administrator Central Procuring has overall responsibility for the following
- Setting up of catalogue items in conjunction with the procurement department;
- Preparation of purchase orders, audit or any other sector activities are conducted;
- Placement of orders, based on the requirements of the department AFL Trade;
- Provisions regarding direct expenses related to inspections, other activities which will at least include sub-contractor fees, associated travel and subsistence, desk studies, reporting, intercompany charges, internal IDN’s, etc.;
- Recommend payment of sub-contractor invoices and other expenses to the Operations Manager ensuring compliance with the Company’s set limits of authority. All invoices for payment, or RFI’s, should be received along with audit report packs from sub-contractors;
- Ensure that payment is only processed if a purchase order exists;
- Consolidation and management of all invoices and expenses associated to the Business;
- Receipt of goods and services on the procurement system;
- Review of open order reports and ensure that receipts are done in time, according to the monthly deadlines received by Finance;
- Management of all expense claims of the business in accordance with company policy and ensure that it is approved, prior to submission according to the monthly deadline;
- Reconciliation of all expenses, checking in Vision and liaising with Finance if corrections need to be made on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to SGS policies, procedures as well as any other instruction either verbal or in writing to yourself;
- Ensure good level of internal controls within the division and provide inputs into the drafting of relevant procedures or improvement of existing procedures and controls etc to regulate productive and efficient service delivery and financial control;
- Regularly interact with clients to establish and ascertain their needs;
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system;
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
- Cease the use of any equipment that may be deemed to constitute a safety hazard or entry to hazardous environments without the necessary knowledge and protection, and report the situation to higher authority to take action to address the hazard.
- Cease to carry on with work that may affect the quality (integrity) of services and report the situation to higher authority to take action to address the issue.
- Initiate a formal improvement request when a deviation of the system occurs, possible improvements are identified or when nonconformity is identified.
Applicable Tertiary qualification (financial/administrative);
Languages: Proficiency in English & Afrikaans (Read, Speak, Write);
Any other languages an added advantage.
- Typing Skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Basic calculation capability;
- 5 years financial /administrative experience;
- Experience of working in a small team environment;
- Client and supplier liaison experience.
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and record-keeping skills
- Customer focus and service orientation
- Basic budget comprehension
- Administrative skills
- Inter personal skills
- Basic administrative and communicative PC skills.
- Windows package and email proficiency.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide technically acceptable process engineering deliverables within time and cost constraints.
To provide process engineering input with the following key process engineering activities and deliverables:
- Mass and energy balance
- Block fundamentals
- Process flow diagram
- Piping and instrumentation diagram
- Commissioning of process plants
- Process design criteria
- Hazop studies
- Control philosophies
- Sampling and test work involvement
- Vendor liaison
- Reporting documentation write-up
- Operating cost estimates
A degree in chemical engineering or metallurgical engineering
- A graduate or process engineer with 1 to 2 years’ experience.
- The candidate should have an aptitude for simulation packages, Aspen or Metsim, and be willing to learn other process engineering software packages.
- The ability to generate mass and energy balances from first principles is a key requirement.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.