Job Opening at GeoSUN Africa
Posted on: 9 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering
View All Jobs at GeoSUN Africa
GeoSUN Africa was launched in 2012 and is a spin-off company of the Centre for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies (CRSES) at the University of Stellenbosch. GeoSUN Africa offers a variety of services relating to the solar energy industry. Supporting services to solar developers of large solar (PV, CPV and CSP) plants makes up a large part of GeoSUN Africa’s operations. Other services relate to rooftop or stand-alone PV installations.
Technician: Meteorological GeoSUN Africa, based in Stellenbosch, is a spin-off company of the Centre for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies (CRSES) at Stellenbosch University.
GeoSUN specialise in solar resource assessments for the solar energy industry.
GeoSUN has an opportunity for a technician to join the team.The successful candidate will be required to perform:
- Installation and commissioning of weather stations and follow-up maintenance visits.
- The candidate will work with solar and other meteorological instruments, data logging equipment and software and communication systems.
- Many of the sites are in remote locations as well as other African countries.
- Pre-installation equipment checks (office based).
- Installation and commissioning of weather stations at utility scale solar plants.
- Unscheduled site visits to perform troubleshooting and maintenance. Training on meteorological equipment and data loggers will be provided.
- The candidate will report directly to the engineering manager.
The requirements for this position are:
- National Diploma in Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering (a BTech Degree is not required).
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Good English proficiency.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- South African Citizen.
- The following will be beneficial but not a requirement Proficient in Afrikaans (many of the projects are located in the Northern Cape).
- Male candidates are preferred (travelling and site work is required). Previous experience with data loggers or meteorological equipment.
Who should not apply?
- Candidates that do not meet the minimum requirements.
- Candidates that is seeking a management or desk based position.
- Candidates that cannot work independently and without supervision.
- Who should apply for this position?
- Young technicians that are looking for a career change and join a small and energetic company that provides services in the fast expanding field of solar energy.
- Candidates that enjoy travelling and working in remote locations. People with an eagerness to learn.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GeoSUN Africa career website on geosun.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GeoSUN AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Agricultural Engineer at Bosch Projects (Pty) Ltd
- Job Opening at KD Marine Design
- Engineer at GRUNDFOS
- Job Opening at M-Tech Industrial
- Job Openings at Woods
- Job Vacancy at SMEC
- Sale Executive at Durban South Toyota