Description of the role and purpose of the job:
The Finance Business Unit of KPMG South Africa is responsible for providing services that support the business objectives and strategy of the Southern African region. It oversees financial systems, planning and management activities, including budgeting and forecasting, collections, reporting and compliance, and creation of value.
This role will support the CFO in pro-actively managing the relationship amongst KPMG member firms in Southern Africa, via support and administrative assistance.
- Assist the CFO with the production of annual financial statements for all entities in South Africa.
- Ensure all legislative reporting requirements are met e.g. Stats SA, CIPC.
- Assist the CFO with production of accurate, timely monthly & annual financial reporting for the KPMG Executive & Board relating to the “Over the Border”(OTB) member firms.
- Prepare monthly reporting of OTB financials and other related reporting to the region
- Ensure financial month-end and year-end timetable is prepared and distributed to the OTB regions and are aligned with the SA member firms timelines and policies.
- Align and monitor the financial month end and year end processes of the OTB member firms to the South African firm
- Monitor the financial performance; lockup and cash management of the OTB countries.
- Further develop technical specialist knowledge in the finance arena.
- Use Oracle and other professional software in an effective manner.
- Ensures that department milestones/goals are met.
- Provides prompt and meaningful information which reflects knowledge, insight and experience.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
Liaise with the OTB finance managers to ensure that their respective tax returns are submitted.
- Serve as a key contact person to the Finance Managers in the OTB countries assisting in the resolution of issues arising in payroll, accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable teams in the OTB countries
Annual Financial Statements
- Responsible for drafting and/or reviewing annual financial statements of the sub-licencee’s
Skills and attributes required for the role:
- Chartered Accountant
- Tenacious, hardworking, resilient.
Minimum requirements to apply for the role (including qualifications and experience):
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent