Blue Robot offers social automation and chatbot messaging experiences to global brands. We deliver solutions across Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, Spotify, Twitch and Pinterest.
We are looking for someone to help grow our business in a way that makes us and our partners proud. As an Africa Team Lead, you will be expected to lead a sales team from two or more markets within Africa.
Overseeing the growth and development of your sales team, ensuring targets are met and your teams are engaging with brands and agencies to solve business challenges with our solutions. It will be important for you to be able to explain technical capabilities in a simple and concise way.
This individual will be a highly motivated, self learner, self-starter able to lead sales efforts that are not only focused on the capabilities in which they serve but also able to cross sell within and between capabilities within the company. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
This role offers the opportunity to work in the merging tech and advertising sectors, collaborating with some of the worlds leading SMEs and Large Enterprise businesses whilst being exposed to leading social platforms and advertising agencies.
Blue Robot has an agile startup culture that embraces entrepreneurialism, and a fearless approach to getting the job done. We lead by example and through demonstration rather than telling. We have strong company values that transcend into everything we do. At Blue Robot we communicate clearly, openly and honestly.
We are forever curious and passionate about unlocking results for brands with technology.
If you are too, we would like to meet!
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be required to support their team in hitting revenue targets - targets are defined quarterly and via collaborative methodologies.
- Lead a high-performing team by recruiting excellent talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, managing resources efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership.
- Provide thought leadership within the industry as it relates to the product market adoption and the use of data to improve marketing efficiency and data storytelling.
- Advise sales and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning.
- Act as an online advertising expert and evangelist for social media promoted products.
- Provide deep knowledge and insights to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform offering.
- Own quarterly regional sales forecasts, planning and support budget planning.
- Actively coach, develop and lead their team and act as a sales leader for the broader team.
Minimum Qualifications: do not apply if you do not meet multiple criteria below:
- Successful University Degree or equivalent.
- Major in marketing or business administration is preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Martech, Adtech, Enterprise Sales.
- Minimum 1 years experience in sales management or a leadership role.
- A deep understanding of the online advertising industry.
- At least 3-5 years proven direct sales experience in Martech, Adtech, Enterprise Sales with a strong foundation in technology.
- Experience with partner/agency/alliance management, business development and negotiations.
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships.
- Proven experience setting up and growing an enterprise sales team and successfully building and growing sales revenue.
- Able to develop comprehensive forward-looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Experienced people manager with a track record of building and contributing to high performing teams.
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational capabilities.
- Ability to travel.
- A competitive salary and leadership commission incentives
- Flexi-time and remote working
- Exposure to both Global brands and Twitter Sales offices around the world
- 1 - 3 month paid sabbatical after 5 years service
- Great working culture with regular office events and team building
- Fun working environment with skilled diverse individuals
- Contribution towards home internet
- Contribute to establishing a globally recognised brand
- Opportunity to build your career
- No timesheets or complex approvals – just a serious focus on building a good culture for great work and superior client service
10 principles as leaders:
- Integrity - Doing what’s right
- Empathy - Relate to your employees
- Empowerment - Be a coach, not a teacher
- Be objective - Have a balanced view
- Think diversity and diversity beyond gender representation
- Maturity - Your company vision, team and emotional qualities
- Thought Leadership - Cultivate your brand
- Think big - Big ideas, big picture
- Move fast - Focus and drive
- No fear - overcome your fear and take calculated risks