About the job
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Posting Title: Branch Manager
Time Type: Full Time
Basic Minimum Requirements : Matric
- Tertiary Qualifications: Essential
- Logistics Management or equivalent qualification or Warehouse Management
Additional Computer Skills
- WMS systems
- Job Related Requirements
- 8+ years operations management experience, preferably in logistics environment
- Sound Financial management skills, including budgeting & tracking
- Sound HR & IR management skills
- Sound People management skills
- Business Development skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills – clients and suppliers
- Exceptional team leader
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Strategy building experience
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Added Advantages For This Role
- Report writing skills
- Sales & Presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Procurement/Commercial skills
- This service aims to ensure efficiency and contract adherence in terms of client relations, operational performance, commercial and financial performance, people management and development and continual improvement initiatives.
- To manage operations according to DSV standards. Leading all DSV initiatives. Cascade our strategy, goals and initiatives down through the organisation.
- Grow and maintain profitability of the Unpack business unit.
- The role needs to ensure operations are managed in accordance with the DSV standards and policies and procedures and also have to ensure that the DSV strategy, goals and initiatives are cascaded down through the operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full accountability and leadership on all aspects of the operations.
- Accountable for all initiatives being implemented including new client take-on’s.
- Meeting of all customer SLAs
- Compliance of sites to DSV standards
- Retain and grow business
- Client Relationships
- Ensuring client’s needs and expectations are consistently met within scope of the SLA.
- Client interaction and issue resolution to ensure client satisfaction
- Commercial / Financial
- Thorough understanding and application of contract and service level agreement to achieve account stability and profitability
- Ensure accurate and timeous monthly invoicing and on time payment by client (debtors days)
- Responsible for GL and Accounting queries.
- Claims resolution, investigate and understand claim details per incident, report internally and negotiate and process
- Actively managing daily operational performance to consistently achieve performance metric targets
- Delivering on client and internal requirements.
- Internal stakeholder communication management, ensure agreed to meetings, conference calls and forums are planned
- and conducted internally as agreed to by all stakeholders, this is an ongoing requirement.
- Customer dissatisfaction process, analyze failures with regards to deliveries, client complaints, damages etc to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Firm and consistent approach to ongoing performance measurement and management of team
- Resolution of all IR issues in conjunction with HRM
- Coaching and mentoring of team to achieve client objectives.
- IDP and succession plans in place for key roles in place.
- Drive training interventions to close skills gaps in operations.
- Monthly KPI dashboard consolidation and reporting, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation and tracking
Additional Job Information
- Sound decision maker
- Assertive and sound negotiator at all levels
- Understanding of business principles
- Well-developed communication skills
- Deadline driven
Ability to pull people together to achieve a common target (leadership)
- Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.