About the job
- GreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports the development of the green economy – one that is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. We assist green technology businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to investment and growth. Driven by GreenCape’s 5-year strategy, the organisation is expecting to double in size in the next five years.
- We are looking to hire a versatile Communications Officer to join our growing Communications team (reporting to the Head of Communications), who will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of GreenCape’s substantial stakeholder database on Zoho CRM.
- In addition to meeting the requirements of the job, the ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an interest in the green economy and alignment with the GreenCape values through examples of relevant work or volunteering experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- · Form part of the communications team responsible for GreenCape’s integrated brand communication implementation, internal communications and project communications support.
- · Support GreenCape’s project teams on project communications deliverables, including writing, editing, events support (online and physical).
- · Email campaign design and dissemination (Manage the integration between Zoho CRM and Zoho Campaigns through ongoing custom tagging, as per campaign requirements).
- · Support on digital communication management (including website SEO optimization and ad hoc digital marketing campaign management).
- · Manage GreenCape’s stakeholder database (on Zoho CRM).
- · Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- · Developing database structures and features according to organisational needs.
- · Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- · Preparing and presenting system reports to managers when required.
- · Performing database maintenance.
- · Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
- · Keeping up to date with developments and trends in database management.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes
- · Degree in Communication Management, Brand Communication or Marketing Management (Degree or Diploma in management information systems (MIS), computer science, information systems, or information technology is advantageous)
- · Minimum five years’ experience in a communications role (communications agency or corporate / brand).
- · Previous experience with Zoho CRM is advantageous.
- · Knowledge of database technologies, architecture, and data security (including a working knowledge of POPIA and GDPR is advantageous.
- · Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- · Excellent writing skills (non-negotiable) - Evidence will be required.
- · Experience with email campaign software, and website back-ends eg Wordpress, Silverstripe and the various social media platforms.
- · Basic design skills (using open source software e.g. Canva).
- · The ability to synthesize technical content into clear messaging for designed collateral.
- · Able to support teams in the running of online meetings and events on various platforms (Zoom, MS Teams, GoToWebinar etc.)
- · Deadline driven.
- · Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- · High levels of accountability and confidentiality.
- · Integrity and ability to build and maintain staff trust.
- · Problem solving skills.
- · Ability to self-manage, multi-task and to prioritise.
- · Innovative and driven.
- · Emotionally intelligent
- · Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- · Adept with MS Office software and the Google environment.
The following will be an advantage:
- · A keen interest in the green economy, demonstrated through volunteering involvement or job experience.
- · A portfolio of written content that has been published on external platforms (ie news releases, feature articles, blogposts etc.)
- · Examples of designed collateral or video content produced.
- · Links to social media accounts that the candidate was responsible to community manage. These can also be personal social media accounts.
Contract length and remuneration
- GreenCape's contracts are setup to initially start with 12 months or align to end dates of 31 March each year. GreenCape then moves to three year contracts. Contract renewal for a 3 year period will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
- Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications must include:
To apply for this role, please click on this link https://forms.gle/MusrRNdAraMdbc4G6.
Please ensure that your application includes:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
Any queries can be submitted to [email protected]
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 1 July 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful.