About the job
TDS Projects is a large sized, growing multi-disciplined construction company, that specialises in underground / surface mining infrastructure. We offer competitive remuneration packages and benefits. Safety is a priority in our organisation and our track record proves that we live by vigorous safety standards. We have proudly developed unique time saving construction technology, one of a kind, which is currently being rolled out on our other sites
An exiting opportunity exists for an experienced, and suitably qualified Senior Construction - / Site Manager for a minimum fixed period of 12-months. The successful incumbent will be required:
To manage Senior Multi Disciplinary Teams, contractors and sub-contractors,
To control all multi-disciplinary construction activities during the execution of our project
Interface and co-ordinate with all the Client's Management and Staff, all relevant Engineering Departments, Health, Safety and Environmental Representatives, Procurement, Risk and Project related Management functions required as per scope of Work.
We require a minimum of:
- 8-10 Years Construction Manager work related experience in heavy industry, construction, mining and production environment.
- 8-10 Years experience in the Mining environment.
- 5 Years Project Management work experience.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- BSc Engineering / B Eng (Relevant) / BSc (Hons) Construction Management Certificate or equivalent
- Project Management will be an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus will be Safe Working and Operating Practices, daily SHE inspections.
- Manage monthly audits on every department
- Management of time, hours, overtime of self and teams.
- Ensures that legal appointments are in place per Scope of Work
- Ensure well managed and disciplined construction implementation, utelising integrated learning opportunities, meetings, project schedules, ensuring that construction is in line with the latest drawing revision and commercial conditions of contract.
- Ensure systems are in place to drive Close out requirements from inception, i.e., databooks, test certificates, and Engineering Integrity sign offs are obtained and maintained
- Ensuring construction schedules are updated with correct detail to monitor progress
- Interfacing with the Client and Contracts manager to generate the relevant commercial driven communication.
- Continuous review of the construction schedule to ensure the correct construction sequence
- Review of contractor equipment placement for smooth flowing construction
- Redline Drawings are managed and correctly marked up and verified.
- Construction complete documentation generated per discipline
- Construction executed in accordance with the commissioning sequence
- All normal line manager functions
- Performance Management contracts for the team
- Resource loading forecasting
- Close liaison with the Social Responsibility Team, ER/IR, HR, EE managers to ensure smooth contractor workforce relations and ensure requirements are met.
- Development of response to strikes and labour disruptions
- Assist in identifying risks and putting them on the risk register
- Development of mitigation plans and the implementation thereof to remove the risk
- Work with the Quality Manager to deliver a best quality product for the timeline and life span of the project
- Document control of all relevant documents
The Successful candidates will be required to subject to the following:
- Background screening
- Criminal checks and verifications
- Validation of qualifications
- Competency tests Medical assessment (must be medically fit)
- TDS Projects is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace where our team can fulfill their potential.
Send applications to the following email:[email protected] Deadline:2021/06/11