The EHOD : Mergers & Acquisitions role is based in the Strategy and Business Development.
To consider and evaluate selected merger and acquisition opportunities and to evaluate selected disinvestments on behalf of Vodacom Operating companies in the rest of the continent. In addition, to act as corporate advisor (current & new) to the Vodacom Group by providing in-house corporate finance advisory services.
Your responsibilities will include:
Evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities
- Consider, review and recommend for evaluation, selected merger and acquisition opportunities based on criteria such as targeted countries or regions, potential revenue, size of economy, etc., specifically focusing on Rest of Africa.
- Play a lead role in initiating and co-ordinating the evaluation of selected M&A opportunities – providing direction to business heads, supervising input from external advisors, co-ordinating compliance, tax, due diligence, financial, legal, etc., requirements.
Develop M&A proposals
- Prepare M&A proposals for board/exco review and decision
- Liaise with Vodafone M&A business heads, with internal technical specialists (legal, tax, etc.) and with local company/operating company business line leaders, as necessary.
- Evaluate selected disinvestment proposals based on internal directives
- Review the business case for disinvestment assessing factors such as rationale for disinvesting the business concerned, financial impact, strategic reasons why the business should not be retained within the group, etc.
Develop the disinvestment proposal
- Prepare the disinvestment proposal liaising with Vodacom business heads, internal technical specialists and business heads, as appropriate.
- Act as corporate financial advisor to Vodacom Group
- Provide corporate financial advice as required (d.c.f. and impairment calculations, weighted cost of capital data, cash generation calculations, etc.) to support the finance/accounting function. (Provided via ME and Chief Officer to Board/Exco).
- Lead & engage the organization in the process of identifying business opportunities
- Co-ordinate the collection of information, forecasts and analysis of market dynamics to formulate business evaluations of opportunities.
Customers, Suppliers & Third parties
- Engagement and contracting of external parties
- Management & supervision of teams output & productivity
- Provide input into internal presentations, Exco reports, Board reports and other pieces of analysis on an ad-hoc basis
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (presentations, report writing, etc.)
- Research ability (‘questioning mind’)
- Project management
- Team player
- Corporate finance/advisory experience coupled with tax and legal knowledge
- Working knowledge of economics
- Knowledge of national policies, regulations, etc., affecting mergers and acquisitions (socio-economic policies, BEE environmental laws, Competition Commission, etc.) plus knowledge of current affairs.
- CA S.A. or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a financial role, corporate finance, investment banking or financial services.
- Engagement with senior leadership & business leads
Closing date for Applications: 31 August 2021
The base location for this role is, Vodacom, Midrand Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.