We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of servi...
Read more about this company
About the job
- We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
- Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
- As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, and over 45% female representation in our leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
- Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
- The Executive Assistant will support a Principal based in the Johannesburg office. You will act as a crucial support to the Principal as he negotiates multiple client engagements and project teams, and drive strategic internal initiatives. Experience with international firms and managing travel itineraries is therefore preferable. The successful candidate must be a stickler for detail, and always strive for perfect execution. As an integral part of a dynamic office, you must be able to calmly juggle multiple and unpredictable requests for help that will range in both intensity and priority along with your regular workload. This will require excellent judgment and problem-solving skills. As with all employees, we seek to hire compassionate professionals who are equally ambitious and supportive in the growth of their team members. Within this role you will work closely with other experienced Human Resources, Finance and Administrative individuals and your professional development will continue to be of importance.
- Post-high school education (Bachelor's preferred)
- Expert use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and proficient in learning new programs
- 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Express commitment to high-quality work product
- Demonstrated experience working with staff and senior management.
- Responsive and collaborative work style, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Fluency in English, with working knowledge of another language a plus
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
- Manage the calendars of the Principal including coordinating and scheduling most of her meetings and responding promptly and efficiently to all calendar requests (internal and external), as well as client engagements.
- Manage and facilitate all national and international travel (including flights, hotels, transportation, etc.) working closely with an external travel agent, and visa applications.
- Track, record and regularly submit expenses according to the prescribed deadlines on behalf of the Partner.
- Provide proactive guidance to the Partner on her schedules and provide guidance on how best to prepare.
- Actively prioritize all tasks and requests coming in and ensure that there is timeous follow up to all requests.
- Take minutes and document action items for the Partner’s follow-up as requested.
- Assist in coordinating conference attendance, speech preparations, liaising with the panels, and assuming additional responsibilities as needed.
- Oversee special projects as they arise, and additional support is required
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
- Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This opportunity is in our Dalberg Johannesburg office.
Please submit your application at our Career Center by June 17, 2021 at 11:59 ET.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.