Who are we?
The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
What will you do?
The main focus of the role is to support the Fund Accounting team in Sanlam Life with reference to reporting of policyholder and shareholder reporting, as well as monthly reporting of policyholder and shareholder income statement elements within Group timelines, fund accounting system development (contribution to design and implementation) and testing.
Other key responsibilities include the following:
- Timeous month-end and quarter-end reporting of product profits.
- Shareholder and policyholder profit.
- Capital (balance sheet) reporting of the Fund Accounting Engine (FAE) by means of a product-based asset file and Shareholder Fund build-up.
- Reproducing of existing IFRS 4 FAE reports and processing in terms of IFRS 17, as well as dual reporting by October 2021.
- Mapping of Essbase and SAP income statement and balance sheet accounts to FAE (IFRS 4 and IFRS 17).
- Workbook optimisation and control check building.
- New system testing (SAP and new IFRS 17 accounts) and implementation of supporting workbooks.
- Process documentation of all deliverables in an easy understood step-wise manner.
- Cash balance sheet management (Internal Finance) to ensure that shareholder cash balances are accurately tracked and loans (outstanding and prospective) are actively managed.
- Analytical review of investment surpluses.
- Collaborating with Actuarial Finance to ensure accurate application of accounting principles
- to the fund accounting system.
- Involvement in FAE testing and supporting the team to meet deliverables.
What will make you successful in this role?
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial reporting environment.
- At least 1 years’ HFM experience.
- SAP S/4 Hana experience will be an advantage.
- IFRS 17 exposure will be an advantage.
- Finance project experience will be an advantage.
- Good technical accounting knowledge.
- Sound Financial Services Industry knowledge, preferably within the Insurance Industry.
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Analytical thinking
- Cultivates innovation
- Concern for accuracy
- Plans and aligns
- Customer focus
- Drives results
- Nimble learning
- Being resilient
Computer skills (Excel advanced level)
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Cultivates innovation - Contributing through others
- Customer focus - Contributing through others
- Drives results - Contributing through others
- Collaborates - Contributing through others
- Being resilient - Contributing through others
- The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Closing Date : 24 May 2021
Our commitment to transformation
- The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.