Accountability: Set business plans and contribute to strategic objectives
- Partner with Fraud strategy to develop the fraud strategy based on data driven insights translating strategic plans into operational processing objectives and tactical plans, ensuring a competitive processing offering to Absa
- Own the engagement for operational leadership between Fraud Operations and Fraud Strategy in line with the strategic direction of Fraud Risk Management.
- Position Fraud Operations as a strategic partner to Fraud Strategy and SBU’s
- Direct and actively market the various services and solutions that Fraud Processing offers.
- Define and deliver an operating model to support delivery of shared services for Fraud operations.
- Continually interpret and understand the external and internal environment to clarify strategic positioning of the unit and drive agreement on the best direction to capitalize on opportunities and mitigation of operational risks.
- Design, translate and implement high-level operational plans, directing and driving performance progress.
- Define the operational architecture which includes people, process and systems for the respective areas to effectively meet and exceed customer expectations specified in service level agreements.
- Enhance the economic value proposition by achieving operational efficiencies through process and technological innovation and enablement.
- Proactively engage in the identification and driving of the need for effective change within the industry through attendance at relevant forums, colleague engagement and understanding of the industry, aligning the business plan and operations accordingly.
- Continually align process efficiency and risk mitigation with current and future strategic requirements
- Engage, understand and leverage Fraud Ops strategies (people, processes and systems), being established across the Group, to drive global common best practice solutions.
Accountability: Business and Operations management
- Drive the alignment of Fraud Operations services with the requirements of Fraud Strategy
- Lead rigorous demand management (SLA determination, forecasting & variance analysis) aligned with balanced capacity management (resource & material requirements planning).
- Lead master production scheduling and load-balancing of resources to ensure optimal delivery and efficiency in operations.
- Govern budget planning (including, operational, capital and project investment) as well as conformance to financial plans, ensuring that financial and other benefits derived from projects are tracked and achieved.
- Negotiate and agree performance targets, taking accountability for overall achievement of objectives across Fraud Operations within BSSA.
- Oversee continuous improvement in the analysis of processing systems and information technology architecture, driving recommendations for enhancements to Group and other relevant stakeholders with a view to consistently driving workflow efficiencies.
- Perform governance and oversight as a leader on selected management/steering committees
- Chair various integrated steering committees on programs and projects key for organizational deliverables
- Direct the development of the frameworks that will ensure business sustainability and clear focus on governance through the managing of business reporting, policies and practices.
- Direct the management of infrastructure and logistics required to ensure consistent and effective operations.
- Encourage and propagate a culture of customer centricity, electronic enablement, business innovation as well as high ethical standards to consistently enhance the brand experience.
- Ensure accurate information supply to Group leadership, giving specific attention to data stream mapping of information systems, data aggregation, and business intelligence and performance management information.
- Contribute to a sustainable and positive impact on our environment, employees and community in the fulfilment of citizenship obligations.
- Ensure regular reporting mechanisms provide the required operational updates to stakeholders, including senior operations management, Fraud Risk and Business teams.
Accountability: Innovates and champions change management
- Oversee the design, measurement and continuous improvement of business intelligence, management information, balanced scorecards (OLI, SLA, KPI) and executive reporting related to Fraud Operations’ performance. Based on findings and trends identified, direct gap analyses, SWOT analyses, and advises recommendations about strategies to enhance performance achievements.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement by consistently driving the re-engineering of business processes.
- Direct a pioneering culture that continually drives strategic opportunities and operational efficiencies.
- Drive performance measures determined against leading global benchmarks to deliver operational solutions.
- Provide guidance to the team on methods to achieve world class standards of efficiency and service, continually striving to enhance existing processes.
- Champion process and technological advances by providing advice and the necessary focus to drive successful performance.
- Develop, manage and maintain effective relationships with service providers within the Group, especially Group IT, to support world class delivery.
- Provide leadership to create and sustain the operational change capability for the organization.
- Promote best practice principles in all operational activities through the adoption of world class operational practices.
- Continually revisit, review and streamline operational processes to deliver ongoing operational efficiency improvements.
Accountability: Oversee the governance of risk, financial resources and business continuity within Fraud Operations
- Sustain long-term business continuity by proactively identifying potential business risk and designing and governing controls to mitigate such risks.
- Drive cost efficiencies and govern allocated budgets to optimise both business efficiency and financial performance for Fraud Ops.
- Take accountability for all risk events and the delivery of specified and agreed upon controls.
- Direct the reporting of a risk and governance controls that ensures actions are understood and implemented by all team members. Manages the process by overseeing that key risk controls are recorded, monitored and effectively mitigated.
- Review and sign-off detailed risk control assessments (RCA).
- Report on all risk indicators including financial losses, overpayments, fraud, etc. in the required format to senior governance.
- Ensure all risk and compliance breaches are escalated to the correct stakeholders within appropriate timescales.
- Keep abreast with compliance and regulatory requirements and liaise with all relevant stakeholders internally and externally in the organization to accurately implement and adhere to the rules and regulations.
- Publish and/or interpret and direct the implementation of organizational circulars, policies, business standards and other communications that impact on the operation of the business unit.
- Review and agree audit scopes for Fraud Operations and govern remediation actions to be taken by management where findings are noted.
- Foster an atmosphere for governance and adherence: adhering to the Groups’ governance requirements and values; cultivating an environment of compliance, ensuring that regulations are observed; implementing the Group’s risk control framework for processing; championing the Barclays Guiding Principles in the unit.
- Deploy, maintain and oversee effective Quality Assurance controls for voice and data processes
Accountability: Drives technological change for optimization and effectiveness
- Strategically bridges the technology/automation requirements with the business processing ability.
- Reviews current system functionality from a business perspective. Identify and address issues that could lead to fraud related activities.
- Drives and implements back-end processing for investigations of applications on the currently disjointed systems.
- Integrates various systems and business processes such as the identification and reporting system, capacity management systems, self-serve and workflow systems.
- Oversees the digitization of the workflow process in the IT systems.
Accountability: Provide leadership for effective people and team management
- Fulfil all people management responsibilities at both team and unit level in line with the
- Group’s people management strategy.
- Establish and develop a professional culture for fraud identification and control, processing design and fulfilment expertise. Establish aspirational standards and recognition as a center of excellence for the execution of fraud operations.
- Grow business leaders in the organization by empowering people to exercise their potential as leaders within a Fraud and operations environment.
- Attract, nurture, develop and retain world-class talent for the unit and the wider Group.
- Create a supportive climate for participation and commitment with motivated employees. Drive people development and growth through: managing talent and succession planning
- Deal with underperformance issues when required.
- Oversee and get involved in team’s engagement in people management functions, including but not limited to
- Recruitment with Human Resources; providing insight into the recruitment specifications and identification of talent;
- Planning and developing resources for optimization;
- Utilizing disciplinary and grievance processes when required;
- Driving performance development for all employees.
Accountability: Stakeholder management
- Develop and enhance network and relationship building to align the team with business partners within the organization as well as strategic stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in stakeholder interactions
- Commercial B Degree and/or banking or equivalent NQF level 7 or higher qualification
- At least five (5) years operations experience within banking at a middle or senior management level.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Digital Fraud Solutions - Fraud Operations; Digital, Applications, Transactional and Internal Fraud; All Banking Products
- Experience in managing a large team and leading other managers
- At least (2) years operations experience with fraud management (Operations & Risk).
- Experience in process re-engineering and/or business analysis
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required), Master's Degree: Business Management
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised