To develop a functional human resources operating model and framework in a broadly defined business functional strategy; enabling horizontal implementation and adoption.
- X2 Regional Coverage
- X1 Non-Banking Financial Services
- X1 Head Office Functions
Commercial awareness and strategic partnering:
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the global market place, competitive position and commercial drivers for a complex, large scale business.
- Uses business acumen/perspective to translate the Business Unit strategy into a clear people agenda within the direction set by the bank and global People Function for a business with multiple core lines of business.
- Is a strategic partner to the Business Unit Functional Leaders in a fast moving, complex and developing environment.
- Uses analytics, data and trends both internally and externally to diagnose Business Unit issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Manages external networks and is well connected in the appropriate bodies to shape the external perception of Absa Group Limited to be in a position to attract the best capabilities to the organisation and have influence in the market place.
- Articulates strategy and is able to translate into actions and results for the function.
- Owns the relationship with the Business Unit leadership as a trusted advisor.
- Exemplary coach and sounding board to the senior leaders in the business.
- Demonstrates influence and credibility with senior leaders across the business.
- Actively assists the senior leaders to build the effectiveness and develop the top team appropriately.
Ownership of the end-to-end HR delivery:
- Operates as the relationship manager for the customer base and is responsible for brokering People Specialist and Operations to execute on the defined people strategy.
- Works with the Business Unit leadership to identify and develop talent and robust succession for the area.
- Has a high level of focus on customer relations. Drives a culture of customer centricity and responsiveness across all People Function teams.
- Able to prioritise, manage and lead a team of specialist to deliver across a Pan African agenda.
- Drive the delivery of key People initiatives through employing the appropriate change and project management disciplines across the People value chain.
- Takes the business priorities and translate these into People Strategies and takes end-to-end ownership for delivering the following key People processes to their client by undertaking the following:
- Translate business strategy into people strategy and ensuring that workforce planning is embedded whilst providing People analytics that deliver relevant insights.
- Support and drive major change and People Function Projects.
- Specify capability gaps and define talent pools in conjunction with the Functional Leader. Takes ownership of strategic resource planning and delivery and participate in executive and senior role hiring.
- Takes responsibility for Business Unit talent reviews, succession planning activities and talent and capability development.
- Deliver Leadership and Learning programmes via specialists, specifies internal capability gaps and ensure relevant assessments, development and coaching in place.
- Drive the Business Unit reward and performance strategy and provide input and manage the executive compensation and ownership of pay cycle and reward plan delivery.
- Ensure effective employee engagement for the Business Unit in conjunction with the Functional Leader, supporting the People Operations planning and service quality management.
- Ensure the development of a high performing team through embedding formal Performance development and informal coaching.
- Determine and analyse training and development needs for team members.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team using the formal talent management process.
- Interview and recruit direct reports.
- Develop appropriate engagement plans to drive heightened employee engagement.
Finance and Risk Management:
- Sets the people risk philosophy and principles for the People Function.
- Understands cost drivers and manages budgets successfully.
Minimum Education and experience required:
- Minimum B-Degree (NQF level no.7) desired Post Graduate Degree (NQF level no.8+)
- 10+ years professional experience of which 5 years Banking experience at an Executive Level
- Leading People Function teams within end to end lending businesses
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in business transformation partnerships that led to exponential business growth
- Experience in commercial innovation environments
- Broad people management knowledge including strategic, commercial, legal and operational aspects
- Ability to build, develop & lead professional level teams
- Understanding of the financial services sector within a professional business environment
- Sound knowledge of people change management
- Business Acumen
- The ability to understand financial and economic concepts. Drivers; to identify, create and/or exploit opportunities.
- The ability to continuously evaluate and redirect business strategy and value proposition thereby promoting the competitive viability of the organisation.
- Ensure Extensive understanding of best practices for a customer focused culture and the management of customer. Colleague experiences.
- The ability to set ambitious goals, maintain a bias for action, drive delivery and take accountability for the outcome.
- Demonstrates ingenuity and curiosity to do things better and fosters an environment of disruptive thinking and action
Problem Solving Leadership
- The ability to analyses and quickly grasp the implications of a situation, relating data from different sources, critically evaluating and integrating information/ facts, and diagnosing a problem.
Inspirational People Leadership
- The ability to build, inspire, and develop teams towards high performance
Collaboration and Influencing
- Ability to build an extensive collaborative network amongst different stakeholders within and without the organisation (at the most senior levels) that supports the achievement of business goals
- Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised