e4 is an established technology company and national provider of solutions and services to key market segments, including Banking & Legal, Credit and Data industries. The business is one of innovation and the development of customised, managed technology solutions for a rapidly expanding marketplace. Our differential quality is our promise to customer...
Read more about this company
A full HR generalist, to work together with the HR & Transformation Executive to develop and maintain a high performance, productive, responsive, and flexible workforce through application of sound human resources principles. Excellent transactional process delivery and an engaging business focused and efficient employee HR support service. Responsible for understanding the HR support requirements of the business and delivering in such a way as to improve the performance of human capital.
Relevant HR Diploma/ Degree;
- 4-5 years’ Human Resources generalist experience;
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources Practices and procedures;
- Sound business knowledge and an understanding of the impact of HR on other business functions;
- Sound knowledge of appropriate labor legislation, e.g. Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, etc.
- Previous payroll & BBBEE experience is an advantage;
- Previous CCMA experience is an advantage.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition and Talent Management
Assist with job adverts;
- Assist with CV screening, preparing interview packs, actual interviews and communicating to candidates;
- Perform reference and background checks;
- Assist with scheduling candidates for assessments (as required by role);
- Support with the coordinating of Personal development plans;
- Assist with Talent management projects as and when required;
- Ensure that the new employee and manager have the induction plan and adhere to it;
- Maintaining vacancy files;
- Contribute to making sure new employee packs and onboarding are done correctly and timeously.
- Assist with training and coaching managers on how to manage performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Ensure performance problems are addressed through performance counselling and/or corrective action;
- Ensure business meets all Betterworks scoring deadlines and that the process is done timeously, fairly and objective as possible;
- Follow up on outstanding performance documentation and information.
Training and Development
- Maintain records of all training;
- Submit the Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report on time; ensuring that the rebate is received;
- Proactively put plans in place to support the company’s BEE strategy on learning and development;
- Review individual PDP’s to identify training and other development needs as per agreed schedules;
- Liaise with managers to follow-through on identified development needs;
- Ensure employees are booked for training and that relevant individuals are properly informed;
- Assist with the coordination of internal training;
- Maintain and update Training Reports and Training Plans;
- Source training service providers as per requirement;
- Maintain training registers;
- Track progress of results and communicate results to managers;
- Ensure all bursary applications are submitted within deadlines.
- Attending disciplinary hearings as HR representative and hearing coordination;
- Assisting with consultation process and documentation;
- Continually advise line managers on appropriate disciplinary action to be taken and ensure business always complies with e4’s disciplinary code;
- As required, educate and inform business on e4’s IR policies and procedures;
- Address employee concerns by investigating and evaluating issues discreetly, and providing advice and guidance to resolve the concern;
- Keep appropriate records and ensure that all relevant documentation is stored as required;
- Manage industrial action in accordance with current legislative requirements.
HR Policies and Procedures
- Put standard HR policies and processes in place that are aligned to legislation and the businesses strategic and operational objectives;
- Develop and maintain policies, conducting training on the policies as required;
- Proactively support the delivery of best practice HR processes;
- Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of company policies and procedures, as required;
- Provide HR advice and support to managers and employees on operational HR matters;
- Create all required HR material and presentations.
HR Administration, Payroll and Data Management
- Ensure accurate payroll documentation (scheduled and/or ad hoc) is sent through to Payroll within agreed deadlines and follow-up on queries and outstanding issues;
- Collate information for payroll processing, and sign off on payroll, taking accountability for its accuracy and completeness;
- Ensure all benefits claims are processed (provident fund, death claims, UIF claims, maternity & paternity leave claims, and follow-up to ensure resolution;
- Ensure accurate data management and reporting;
- Ensure proper filing, document management and good housekeeping;
- Follow-up on general administration issues;
- Perform regular HR audits as required;
- Handle employment confirmation and staff enquiries;
- Ensure all appointments, terminations, transfers, retrenchment, and promotions administration is completed.
BBBEE, SHOUT Committee, Employment Equity and Transformation Support
- Coordinate and ensure all documentation are maintained as required;
- Assist with ensuring that BBBEE initiatives are actioned and implemented correctly;
- Assist with BBBEE audits;
- Participate and support SHOUT Committee initiatives;
- Participate and support Transformation initiatives.
Employee wellness and OHS Support
- Plan and implement employee surveys;
- Take accountability for employee satisfaction surveys, and efforts to improve on any areas of concern highlighted by these surveys;
- Support Employee Engagement/ Wellness initiatives and Theme days;
- Assist the HR and OHS team with any Occupational Health & Safety and COVID19 related projects.
- Assist with compiling and submitting WSP/ATR reports for MICT SETA;
- Assist with compiling and submitting EE Reports for the Department of Labour;
- Assist with compiling monthly Exco Summary Report;
- Assist with submitting to RemChannel the organization’s data analysis;
- Assist with compiling and updating REMCO Report monthly;
- Assist with compiling and maintaining internal HR Reports on the Sage system and relevant external reports as required.
- Provide support as required during preparation and implementation phase of various HR projects.