Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Associates, the HR Clerk provides support to HR services ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The HR Clerk promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Clerk works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations teams and projects’ staff in the CO staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties And Responsibilities
Implementation of HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Referencing and Archiving all closed personnel files
- Ensure correct filing of all HR documentation
- Maintain electronic referencing system for active and closed files
- Disposal and archive of old files within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure all current files are up-to-date with all personnel records inline with UNDP policies and procedures.
- Preparation of routine HR correspondence, memoranda and reports in accordance with COSOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
Competencies and Selection Criteria
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) nd makes concise, relevant recommendations
- Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services;
- Ability to demonstrate and apply professional and/or technical expertise/knowledge of the post or discipline. Focusing on the knowledge and skill areas necessary to effectively perform the functions of the post. Identifying and seeking to expand knowledge and improve work processes
Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute &Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Level 2: Execute & Learn: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
Level 2:Execute & Learn: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
- Ability to understand and meet or exceed client needs. Anticipating and addressing client needs and concerns. Developing innovative approaches to meeting client needs. Ensuring overall provision of quality services to clients.
Level 2: Technical Assistance: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with professional certification in the field.
- 3 years of relevant administrative experience;
- Proven experience achieving personnel documents and manual electronic filing systems;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English Language is a requirement.