- This role in in line with the Everyday Banking (EB) strategy to build Analytics capabilities that support the business units in this cluster. This role will include, but is not limited to, data solutions, front-end utilities for data access and analysis, data visualization platform testing and deployment and enabling business reporting capability – in whatever form is required.
- The primary focus of this role is to identify areas where solutions can be delivered faster at less cost, mitigating unnecessary risk and redeployments. This includes automation, wherever possible, and the development of component based frameworks to enable downstream re-use of data entities.
- Improving the collaboration between Everyday Banking, CVM and IT and Data Engineering is also a major responsibility of this role with a specific focus on reducing the complexity, improving the reliability and increasing the efficiency of solution delivery. Providing a single point of entry into and out of Everyday Banking.
- The role will also focus on Lead selection methodologies that support business growth, processes that support rapid execution and accurate tracking.
While focusing on capability and growth agenda, some opportunities will be surfaced and the responsibility of this role is to then enable business to reap these opportunities.
Accountability: Data Architecture, Tools and Platforms
- To base the establishment of the required strategic business and technology architecture artefacts (e.g. Product and Campaign Analytics, MI and Collections) operating models, process models, people models, etc.) on the specified RBB and Data Engineering strategies.
- Review, document and regularly maintain 'As is' strategic EB and Data architecture artefacts and ensure that all key stakeholders understand the current strategic architectural landscape for data flows
- Ensure close alignment between the EB business architecture landscape and the group strategic Information and Technology landscape by working seamlessly with Group Technology's and Data Engineering strategic solutions
- Define the 'building blocks' of the future landscape ('To be") with reference to identified Group wide capabilities
- Construct and maintain the "To be" strategic landscape, articulating the relationship between building blocks, resulting in a logical blueprint.
- Ensure that this logical blueprint remains aligned to the Group Strategic architecture, tools and platforms logical blueprint.
- Identify capacity gaps in building blocks and prioritize development of deficient building blocks.
- Present and describe logical blueprint to relevant stakeholders in the form of formal Presentations/meetings with governance boards.
Accountability: Data frameworks
- Contribute to and maintain the enterprise architecture framework of internal standards, methodology and governance by providing the strategic architecture components of these and by highlighting the requirements for Everyday Banking
- Through knowledge of industry standards or best practice, contribute to and ensure alignment suitable to for Everyday Banking.
- Standards, templates and training interventions.
- As part of this development: stakeholders need to be educated around the usage of enterprise architecture deliverables and the roles they play.
- Develop and maintain the Technology with reference to architectures, tools, platforms etc. and leverage the Group wide resources to deliver on Everyday Banking analytics requirements
- Deliver in-depth insights into the end-to–end journeys of customers, supply chains, employees and how they can be improved using digital technology
- Have a strong understanding of how to migrate traditional processes and systems to cater for mobility, social media sensors and so forth
- Have a natural leaning toward innovation and development, including the ability to teach and inspire other stakeholders in the organization
- Able to take the organization on a digital transformative journey both internally and externally
- Foster innovation leveraging emerging Big Data and analytics technologies
Accountability: Data Risk Management
- Ensure highest level of professionalism in data risk management
- Design and implement relevant guidelines for teams working with sensitive client data
- Develop a data risk management framework to manage key risks and issues relating to the entire data life cycle, when required in terms of data quality, data standards, data analytics, data security, data privacy and data recovery measures.
- Serve as a trusted partner to key business executives focused on the customer, risk management and regulatory compliance.
Accountability: People Management
- Ensure the development of a high-performing team through embedding formal Performance
- Management and informal coaching.
- Ensure that Absa values are instilled with the team and through demonstrating leadership by example.
- Drive the transformation and talent objectives and targets of the organisation within the CVP and broader team in terms of staff recruitment into priority positions and the identification and development of critical talent.
- Develop appropriate survey action items together with the management team of the business unit and ensure that items are executed.
Education and Experience required
- BSC degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualifications
- Actuarial, Statistical or Mathematics qualification will be preferred
- Experience in coding in R, Python or SAS or Absa specific coding languages
- Demonstrate clear grasp of statistical methodology experience in data science
- Extensive experience in Agile methodology.
Knowledge and skills:
- A proven ability in the banking environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience in working within a retail and business banking environment, formulating strategies, identify and develop innovative solutions
- Macro understanding of the business environment and how the related Industry is operating
- Extensive knowledge of competitor and non-competitor strategy and practices in the retail market
- A proven transformational profile taking solutioning to a new level
- An established and credible relationship with industry Players
- Interpreting and influencing of strategic signals from external and internal operating environment and translating these into relevant actions through driving change and innovation
- Ability to provide leadership to the next generation of the data journey
- A deep knowledge of data governance, data management and data analytics background
- Ability to partner at a very senior level – not merely operational or technical
- Bachlor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised