The purpose of the role is to oversee and manage an efficient and cost effective financial crime operations department within Home Loans, ensuring reliable, sustainable and continuous deliverables on business objectives. Incumbent should be digital savvy with an ability to create an agile, collaborative and liquid workforce. The role also offers an opportunity to shape and drive home loan’s digital transformation to enable Operations to scale and match Absa’s Home Loans expected future growth. Furthermore, to act as the champions of change and drive continuous improvement at work by assessing the existing processes, introducing reformed processes and train teams on the changes in the methods and technology.
If you have an analytical mind, a passion for technology and people, thrive in solving problems and driving transformations, then the Absa Home Loan’s team can offer you opportunities to champion high impact initiatives.
Accountability: Business and Operational Management
- As part of the BU’s management team, provide input into all operational aspects of the BU’s strategy.
- Participate in the 3rd party vendor selection process (ensure that group sourcing are involved) for the BU and manage SLA on a monthly basis to ensure that appropriate services are being rendered. Resolve any issues that might arise in too relation to services rendered.
- Manage customer satisfaction, client interface and retention of client by adhering to highest standards of service delivery.
- Participate in the measurement and reporting of internal and external SLAs on a monthly basis. Address any process failures specific to the business unit.
- Implement productivity improvement measures by coaching staff on any new processes or on their areas for improvement.
- Own various business projects by managing implementation, tracking progress & reporting (monthly).
- Monitor spend against budget with due regard to sourcing policies (i.e. procure to pay, bee and supplier and services management handbook etc.).
- Oversee the financial budgeting and forecasting functions for the area by coordinating the compilation of the short term plan (STP), medium term plans (MTP) and revised annual forecasts (RAF) with the various cost centre owners within the bu.
- Manage transfer-pricing costs for the BU by checking and reconciling the report and template received on a monthly basis.
- Where applicable, ensure that the mandates are within policy (at least twice annually).
Accountability: Risk Management
- Act as the deputy business continuity management (BCM) coordinator
- Oversee the roll out of the information security (Infosec) project plan for the BU from group
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all risk and control assessments (RCAS) for the BU to ensure the controls and action plans are in place.
- Assist with audit assurance as and when needed. Ensure that the pipeline report is updated on a monthly basis by reviewing it and following up where needed.
- Ensure that the BU area has a health and safety rep, fire warden and evacuation representative by facilitating the nomination process with the relevant managers in the area.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures (e.g. customer acceptance screening applications (CASA), employee compliance conduct guide (ECCG), sanctions, human resources (HR) policies, gift registers, etc.) by keeping abreast of new developments and developing, implementing and monitoring appropriate control measures.
Accountability: People Management
- Manage a team of staff to ensure effective delivery of operational efficiencies in the BU.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from human resources when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal performance accelerator program and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
Accountability: Stake Holder Management
- Maintain effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders within Home Loans.
- Ensure mi utility provides required reporting as and when required.
Education and Experience required
- Relevant NQF level 7 qualification
- At least four (4) years’ experience as a financial manager and/or operations manager.
- Experience in systems management, process implementation, budgeting and risk management
- Experience in leading a big team
- Home Loans management experience will be an advantage
- Experience in facilitating and managing digital transformation in a Business Unit
- Experience in facilitating digital enablement to improve customer experience
- Experience in implementing digital enablement strategies
Skills and Knowledge:
- Financial management and budget processes
- Communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- People management
- Operations management
- Risk management