Upstream is accelerating mobile commerce in high growth markets. Our software and infrastructure platform already enables 1.2 billion people to effortlessly receive and pay for the most relevant and affordable digital subscription services on their mobile devices. We have 65 million paying subscribers in 43 countries, making purchases worth $250 million i...
Read more about this company
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Performance Marketing Manager to join our Performance Marketing Management team in Johannesburg, South Africa. As a Performance Marketing Manager, you will be part of a very competent team who works on allowing for Upstream’s innovation to positively impact millions of consumers around the world. You will be responsible for designing, planning, testing, delivering, monitoring, and enhancing cross-channel online and direct marketing campaigns in line with business objectives.
- Develop and execute a series of integrated multi-channel direct marketing campaigns to generate direct revenue for Upstream and 3rd party services.
- Partner with the product team, project managers, account managers to ensure all campaigns are delivered effectively to deadline and against business objectives.
- Utilize the company’s in-house platforms to plan recruitment and monetization techniques.
- Create marketing campaign plans and execute A/B testing strategies.
- Monitor traffic, engagement, monetization and operational KPIs, implementing changes and proposing improvement actions where necessary.
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of each campaign, including interpretation, commentary, and recommendations.
- Maintain revenues forecasting and regular measurement of the ROI of various recruitment channels.
- Recruit, train, coach and manage the international copywriting team ensuring that they consistently deliver high quality and original campaign content.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc in Marketing, Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of working experience in a similar role (performance marketing, website manager, e-commerce manager, audience engagement manager) or in a digital marketing agency.
- Knowledge of A/B testing methodology, content management tools and Ad servers’ configuration will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms (mostly Google Analytics).
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Up-to-date with popular culture, new technologies and current trends.
- Previous international work experience or environment appreciated.
You will be an excellent fit for our team if you are:
- Strong team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A rigorous, data-driven, and highly analytical person
- Able to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Able to multitask, as well as balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail
- Passionate for technology and mobile internet trends
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.