Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
- Accountable for the the delivery of a major part of the organization's project management program. Take overall accountability for a number of business critical projects. Effectively analyze and manage demand, work allocation and resource availability to support delivery of multiple initiatives and projects. Track IN progress projects to elevate risks and issues, review projects if they are not
- forecasted to achieve the value they originally promised. Provide the best results on all projects within timelines and budgets.
- Engage, and build relationships, with stakeholders across the TIH value chain. Participate in Exco meetings and be able to present to, and debate with, senior executives. Facilitate workshops with large groups of stakeholders. Work with front-end, back-end developers, marketing, sales, service departments to ensure a holistic management of deliverables. Engage with third-party suppliers or providers to deploy new technology and review and execute the deliverables.
Data Collection & Analysis
- Gather project data and report on the state of the project portfolio.
Insights and Reporting
- Contribute to the design and creation of reporting strategies and templates for Exco and senior management. Lead execution of complex reports to provide a performance overview for the key portfolios. Identify and interpret complex patterns and trends, and translating those insights into actionable recommendations.
Leadership and Direction
- Communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the team; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Develop and propose own performance objectives; take appropriate actions to ensure achievement of agreed objectives, using the organization's performance management systems to improve personal performance. Manage and report on team performance; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports or project / account team members and hold them accountable for achieving these, taking appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
- Review existing operations in own area of work and implement innovation processes to generate new ideas and ensure continuous improvements are delivered on existing products, systems and processes.
- Execute a communications plan within established internal communication systems and procedures. Send Communications to Exco or senior management on project tracking and problems to gain buy-in for changes to processes and procedures.
Personal Capability Building
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential. Maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- General Education
- Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential);
- Relevant Certifications in Project Management / Business Management (Advantageous)
- 6 or more years substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level (Essential);
- Knowledge of project / software delivery life cycle (Essential);
- Experience in the contact centre environment (Advantageous);
- Knowledge of short-term insurance industry (Advantageous)
- 2 or more years experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (Essential)
*SAQA Accredited Equivalent* - It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)** competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) - As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are always and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. TIH is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Should you not hear from our team in 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Unlock your greatness & be unstoppable
Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH), is the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial service providers. Our portfolio includes short-term insurers, a long-term insurer, health insurance as well as an insurance and personal finance comparison platform. We’re pioneers with a hunger for best, bringing customer-focused innovation and service excellence to the financial services industry. We’re an undivided team of diverse thinkers and doers who believe in leading through technology and pushing past their limits.
What we offer
TIH offers an exceptional benefits programme, and competitive compensation packages. You have options for Life Cover, Disability Benefits, Provident Fund, Medical Aid, and more. Office benefits include free undercover parking, free Wi-Fi, ATMs, an onsite gym, subsidised meals, convenience store, coffee shop, free seasonal fruits – every day, and an Active Access walking programme
Job Closing Date 14/11/2021