Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
To implement a market driven differentiated service that builds sustainable competitiveness within the Tavern Class of Trade which delivers sustainable growth in brand equity, sales volume, market share, competitive advantage and corporate reputation.
Skills and Competencies
• Understands the value chain across sales and marketing and how the roles interact with each other
• Proactively seeks out competitor information and includes this in the overall selling task
• Ability to understand the concept of profitability and the role of pricing, product mix and merchandising in making commercially astute decisions
• Making customers’ and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions
• Developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
• Effectively meeting customer needs, taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Connecting with and developing a strong rapport with customers; collaborating on plans and decisions and proving criticality to the customer
• Ability to build authentic relationships across diverse groups of people Accountability
• Being accountable for achieving results and taking responsibility for one’s actions
• Takes the role personally and professionally
• A strong achievement orientation
• High integrity as a representative of SAB
• Ability to adapt behaviour to changing situations
• Open-minded and adjusts priorities in response to unanticipated events
• Able to identify issues and resolve problems in the moment.
• Resilience and endurance in managing extraordinary and flexible working hours.
• Willing to work weekends and public holidays as required.
• Identifying needs and opportunities, leveraging unique value proposition, representing capabilities, and closing sales.
• Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain support by using
• appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods.
• Ability to establish rapport, identify the customer need and gain commitment.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise sales activities. Planning and Organising
• Work with the sales lead to develop specific plans to leverage SAB’s value proposition and unique
• competitive advantage against customer needs.
• Focuses on the detail and executes plans meticulously to exceed customer expectation.
• Excellent administration skills.
• Manage and build customer relationships with tavern owners.
• Drive weekly customer calls per outlet to build effective partnerships and resolve customer issues.
• Ensure all customer master data is input, current, correct and maintained.
• Achieve customer sales and volume targets.
• Ensure each outlets buys directly from SAB consistently on a weekly basis.
• Complete and influence the AMPPS survey by delivering on every targeted plan: Availability, Merchandising, Price, Promotions and Space
Merchandising, Price, Promotions and Space
• Monitor volumes by outlet to ensure 100% availability of key brands and packs through forward planning
• Manage stock rotation to ensure 100% availability
• Drive the effective execution of selective merchandising implementation in the consumption and purchase zones as per the In Trade Execution Guidelines (ITEG)
• Negotiate and execute interior and exterior price communication; capture price priorities, ensure price point compliance and execute on the overall price and promotion campaigns throughout the year
• Manage outlet retention by tracking and monitoring competitive shelf space and volumes sold and ensure effective positioning of brands for maximum volume growth.
• Manage SAB refrigeration assets by driving governance and compliance for the SAB audit
• Manage all SAB assets in the outlets including permanent merchandising and signage
• Ensure SAB products are stocked in fridges as per ITEG
• Conduct asset verification surveys (Fridges, etc.)
• Assist customers with model stock system to manage stock replenishment and minimise stock outs • Manage stock rotation and quality
Diploma or Degree
At least 2 years’ experience in a sales/ marketing /FMCG environment
Valid unendorsed Code 8 drivers licence
Basic computer literacy and experience working with Microsoft Office
Local area knowledge is a requirement.
Ability to work in a flexible working environment (working on weekends)
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
Kindly attach CV in PDF format
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 18 August 2021.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers