Software Development Engineer In Test
We want to talk to Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who are keen to progress their careers in a visionary, highly successful consultancy. You’ll already be achieving big results in your own right but may be looking to move your career to the next level, working with an organisation focused on delivering the exceptional both to our clients and our team. Perhaps you’re looking for a genuine opportunity to be recognised, add value and take ownership of your development in a collaborative working environment. Or looking for an opportunity to move to a smaller but growing consultancy where you can take your career to the next level with a globally recognised leader in retail tech.
In the Developers-in-Test role, you will focus on testability, robustness and performance. Applying a variety of techniques, and applying their unique experience, to review designs, analyse code quality and assess risk. You will refactor code to make it more testable, create and implement test frameworks and automated tests. Collaboration with developers and other stakeholders is also a key part of the role as you define and achieve successful delivery of high-quality software of our products and services.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value of an inclusive workforce and particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing:
- To design and execute effective automated functional and regression tests in Gherkin and Cucumber using the BDD approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Ability to identify the genesis of a defect, using debugging tools), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts such as source code
- Ability to write excellent quality object-oriented code
- To have an understanding of databases and services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
- To work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects.
- To have a broad understanding of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their application.
- Use and build test automation frameworks and tools
- Creating an innovative test automation phase plan for each project
- To be able to engage with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Assessing and reporting on performance and constantly looking for areas of improvement and innovation
- To provide input for the preparation of the project in own specialist area and ensure delivery against targets are met
- Organise and own any technical workshops and resulting outputs
- Facilitation of error management processes and have an input into process improvement
- Collation and circulation of quality data and metrics
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline the process, and work with the engineering team to deliver those improvements
- Assess the testability of story work during planning meetings
- Provide continuous feedback on the product and process as required by the team
- Execute exploratory testing to evaluate the product
What we’re looking for:
- API testing
- Test automation tools experience with Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium,
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP
- Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artefacts
- Working knowledge of a CI system to create builds
- Proven level experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree level (or equivalent) qualification
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- An eye for innovation coupled with a pragmatic approach to delivery within a large multisite team
- This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to prioritise workloads and deliver to tight deadlines
It will be a bonus if you have:
- Experience in Retail solutions, with a focus in Petroleum Retail.
- ISTQB certification
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineering
- Agile certification