Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The Specialist: Firewall Management will be responsible for assisting to perform regular firewall administration tasks over different firewall technologies.
Context (Global influences, environmental / industry demands, organizational mission etc.)
MTN is an emerging market mobile operator at the forefront of technological and digital changes. We deliver a bold, new digital world to our customers across Africa and the Middle East – one of the world’s fastest-growing regions for mobile telecommunications. We believe everyone deserves the benefits of a modern connected life.
With the changing global business landscape, cyber risks organisations face are on the rise. If these cyber risks are not correctly managed, new vulnerabilities could compromise customer data confidentiality, integrity and availability, ultimately affecting the performance of networks and information systems.
To proactively manage our cyber risk exposure, MTN Group has established a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC). The mission of the CSOC is to improve the security posture of the Group against the threats it faces as a consequence of its business activity in the cyberspace by helping to prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to cyberattacks and by acting as the cyber-security information exchange and incident response coordination hub for all the OPCOs. MTN’s CSOC provides a holistic approach to manage both external and internal threats’ lifecycle. The MTN CSOC service catalogue includes the following activities:
- Firewall Management
- SIEM - Implementation and management
- SIEM - Intelligence
- 24/7 Monitoring and Triage
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Threat Hunting
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Forensic Analysis
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
- Provide technical Firewall Management expertise to tier one, two and three OpCos.
- Proactively monitor and maintain MTN infrastructure to ensure stability, performance and availability across tier one, two and three OpCos.
- Directly support all clients in tier one, two and three OpCos and manage tickets in accordance with the service level agreement assigned to the incident.
- Assists to perform the correct management of the company's firewalls since the device on boarding is performed
- Assists to perform change management process, in order to ensure the correct implementation of the changes requested ensuring the highest possible quality
- Assists to perform remediation tasks for device unavailability or failure, as per the defined procedure per environment or device
- KPI: Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Firewall Management services for MTN Group and its OpCos.
- Perform allocated tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or instructions.
- Assist and provide support to colleagues with executing required tasks and activities.
- Resolve queries timeously or escalate to relevant stakeholder(s).
- Conduct effective document management, including accurate electronic and/ or paper filing systems.
- KPI: Ensure work is delivered in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provide information as appropriate for reports specific to area of responsibility on daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
- Gather information as required for reporting purposes.
- File, archive and retrieve documents as and when required.
- Maintain and update records and systems as required.
- Retrieve supporting documentation and records to facilitate and support query resolution.
- KPI: Ensure reporting requirements are complied with and accurate information is disseminated to support specific decisions or actions.
Ways of Working
- Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organisation, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products,
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Leading by Vision: From analysing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The end result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
- Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The end result is an on time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The end result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Three year tertiary qualification in Computer Engineering or similar
- Certification in any of the following: CompTIA N+, CCNA, vendor specific certification (such as Fortigate, Palo Alto, Cisco)
- 3 years of relevant work experience in Firewall Management
- Basic coding knowledge is beneficial.
- Fluent in English
- Multi-country operations oversight experience
- Willing and flexible to travel within Africa and Middle East
- Understanding of general regulatory requirements in the telecom industry as it relates to Firewall Management
- Global mindset to service worldwide operations
- Telecommunications industry experience would be beneficial
- Pan Africa and Middle East multi-cultural experience would be beneficial
Collaboration (Formal and Informal Relationships)
Key external stakeholders: External contractors & partners
Key internal stakeholders:
- GM: Group CSOC
- Group Information Security Team
- OpCo Information Security Head/ CIO/ CTO/ CTIO
- OpCo Information Security Team
Closing date: 17 November 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.