Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
- To oversee new system implementation including data migration.
- To provide insights and assistance in the testing approach ensuring sufficient test coverage.
- To provide insights and assistance in the deployment approach minimising unnecessary system down-time / failure.
- To work closely with colleagues, developers, testers and project / business stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- To identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for technical suitability.
- To effectively implement the architectural roadmap and framework by designing solutions accordingly.
- To create and / or maintain relevant system(s) design documentation.
- Deliver the Telesure Service Way through personal effort and through others.
- Deliver on Treating Customers Fairly principles in alignment with regulatory requirements.
Essential Competency Requirements
Working with People:
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of others.
- Reconciles conflict.
- Builds team spirit.
- Listens, supports and cares for others.
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them.
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Writing and Reporting:
- Writes convincingly.
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language.
- Writes in a well-structured and logical way.
- Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Following Instructions and Procedures:
- Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority.
- Follows procedures and policies.
- Keeps to schedules.
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings.
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role (e.g. FAIS etc.).
Relating and Networking:
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts.
Analysing: Information Processing / Analysing / Problem Solving:
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships.
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Customer Orientation / Telesure Service Way:
- Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction as per the Telesure Service Way.
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations: Results Focus / Driving for Results:
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity.
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity.
- Consistently achieves project goals.
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way.
Presenting and Communicating Information:
- Speaks Fluently.
- Express opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly.
- Create presentations and / or undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence.
- Responds quickly to the needs of the audience and to their reactions and feedback.
- Projects credibility.
Desirable Competency Requirements:
Learning and Researching:
- Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly.
- Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information.
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Encourages an organisational learning approach (learns from successes and failures and seeks feedback).
Creating & Innovating : Innovative / Entrepreneurial Thinking :
- Identifies business opportunities for Telesure.
- Produces new ideas, approaches or insights
- Creates innovative products or designs.
- Produces a range of solutions to problems.
Adhering to Principles and Values: Cultural Interpersonal Effectiveness:
- Relates well to people in a diverse environment.
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities.
- Builds diverse teams.
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Adhering to Principles and Values:
- Upholds ethics and values.
- Demonstrates integrity.
Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives:
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary.
- Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
- Identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
Level of Education:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4)
- Systems Analysis Certification
- A recognized software development certification / diploma / degree
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a software development role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Analyst role (Business/System)
- Experience in design and implementation
Financial Services Experience
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within 30 days from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful