- Optimise the profit and economic value of portfolios of Key Account clients with high growth potential and less complex commercial banking requirements by focusing: a) origination efforts to cross-sell to existing client base; and b) coverage efforts to service clients in accordance to the Key Account CVP
- Optimise the profit and economic value of portfolios of high growth potential and banking requirements by focusing:
- Origination efforts to cross-sell to existing client base; and
- Coverage efforts to service clients in accordance to the Business CVP
Drive Financial Targets
Identify and drive cross-sell opportunities by analysing available sales MI on VAPM and by extracting opportunities from any client engagements.
- Make effective use of the client planning and solutioning tools for the top 30% of the portfolio to ensure in-depth understanding of client needs in order to provide client base with the best solutions. Achieve cross-sell targets by actively participating in cross functional teams (including but not limited to Sector and Product specialists) to find client-centric solutions which must be formalised in strategic proposals and presented to clients in accordance to the distinct Client Value Proposition (CVP) for Commercial Growth Accounts.
- Track and monitor the achievement of financial performance across portfolios by utilising the (ESTPM) VAPM tools.
- Apply risk-based pricing for all new cross- sell opportunities and assist the RE with the pricing reviews in line with the RBB pricing policy
- Operate and position RBB in a dynamic and highly competitive market place by interacting with all relevant stakeholders driving key initiatives to secure client retention and growth.
- Achieve sales targets relevant to the strategic initiatives and drivers of the Business Commercial Growth Accounts segment.
Relationship and Service Management
Act as the second point of entry in the absence of the Relationship Executives
- Conduct regular client visits in accordance with the Business Commercial Growth Value Proposition to increase the number of clients where Absa has the primary transactional banker status, and initiate changes to RBB Product by providing input into product development to better service our clients.
Conduct After-sales visits with clients within a month of on-boarding to ensure effective sales and service delivery.
Prepare holistic, comprehensive, high quality call reports for distribution to all relevant stakeholders and Credit to shorten the lead time of credit applications.
Make use of middle- and back-office support networks to ensure effective on-boarding and complete end-to-end service delivery.
- Maintain overall ownership for servicing the client on all matters related to cross-selling, by driving relevant internal support networks to ensure the complete end-to-end service delivery. Escalate on deviations from Internal Service Level Agreements (SLA's) to line management. Take ownership of client complaints that originate from the TB's area of responsibility and accountability and log on to the Client Compliment and Complaints system as per the prescribed policy and procedure guidelines. This will allow business to track actions to improve on service levels.
- Participate in Cross Functional Team meetings, which includes the Relationship Executive, Credit Analyst, Segment Support Client Control Team, Client Service Consultant & Product & Sector teams, to ensure co-ordination of client engagement and service delivery to clients
Manage Risk Assessment
- Adhere to the bank's policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Take co-ownership of the portfolios risk management with Relationship Executives by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank's and the clients regulatory and compliance environments.
- Responsible for the obtaining and scanning of all KAMLS and other on-boarding documentation.
- Ensure that all outstanding collateral conditions have been met.
Drive Team Work
- Co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of organisational objectives and team goals.
- Attend team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving customer service and meeting targets
- Communicate concerns or challenges that derive from team interactions in aconstructive and positive manner.
- Share information and make others aware of information that may be useful to them
- Develop supportive relationships with colleagues and create a sense of team spirit.
- Take responsibility for personal learning to help develop pro-active career and life attitude Keep abreast of regulatory changes through regular training.
- Monitor available L&D courses to develop your own training whilst helping others in the team to develop theirs.
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to perform to the very best levels to ensure personal alignment to ABSA's values and visions
- Values Driven
- Digitally Empowered
- Customer Obsessed
- Exceptional Team Player
- Creative Problem Solving
- Drives Results
- Pan African Citizen
- NQF level 7 or equivalent B Degree Commerce/Marketing/ Finance
- At least 3 years of sales and financial experience in a commercial banking environment.
Be Compliant to the FAIS Requirements
- At least three (3) years’ experience and knowledge on the dynamics of the market place and industries (global, regional and local)
- At least three (3) years’ experience in understanding and driving business and solution across divisional silos (e.g. segment, credit, product) and product silos’ and access wide set of products (e.g. FX, Trade Finance)
- At least three (3) years’ experience in analysing and evaluating complex company financials and other economic trends
- At least three (3) years in-depth experience and understanding of credit solutions - Internal networking / credibility
- At least three (3) years’ experience in structuring a good moderate credit solution & guide the credit process with the required parties
- Proven ability to plan ahead whilst also re-prioritising at short notice due to ever-changing and conflicting demands.
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status.
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy.
- There is no referral payment option with this requisition.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised