The capability of organisations to transform data to information, and information to intelligence has truly become the last remaining source of competitive differentiation. Decision Inc., helps organisations to unleash the potential in the business and in their people. Strategy: The strategy team advises business on their capabilities and opportunities to...
Read more about this company
About the job
We are looking for experienced Business Intelligence Consultants to join our Data, Information and Analytics team as client-facing, permanently employed consultants. Good communication and collaboration skills are therefore a must, as well as great technical ability, statistical ability and a passion to convert data into thought provoking visual information. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
- Identify and develop cutting edge and innovative technology solutions to enable better decision making for our customers
- Participate in analysis and design sessions – work with business analysts to determine the best fit solution for our clients
- Understanding of defined business and user requirements and ability to migrate requirements to any/all of the following solutions: Qlik, Tableau or PowerBI
- Ability to understand the challenge and find solutions within the BI environment including extensions
- Deliver the complete BI solution with the consulting team
- Delve for insights in client data and processes to help improve their businesses
- Communicate progress with client and project teams
- Produce technical and user documentation
- Data warehouse and ETL development and maintenance
- Design, development and implementation of reporting and dash boarding
- Implementation of specifications, from provided specifications and customer requirements
- Data Staging and general support relative to Reports, Cube and Data Warehouse
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation for processes and procedures required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Degree e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems
- At least 3-5 years’ experience
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Microsoft or QlikView Certified (advantageous)
- Experienced in either Qlik / Microsoft BI stack/ Tableau / Alteryx or general ETL tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in data integration (script writing)
- Data model designing (Back End design)
- Experience in Application Integration (Front End)
- Experienced in implementing BI tools for requirements and utilizing various sources
- Consulting experience
- The willingness to be cross-skilled into multiple other BI tools
- Good understanding of data warehousing and analytical methodologies and solution delivery
- Strong problem solving skills and good communication skills, both written and verbal - Explaining technical concepts to business people in a language they understand, and business requirements to technical people
- Ability to work within a team and effective planning and organizational skills
- Eagerness and willingness to learn – a positive attitude is everything!
go to method of application »
About the job
We are looking for exceptional Data Engineers to join our Data, Information and Analytics team as client-facing, permanently employed consultants. Someone who is passionate about data and implementing technology solutions and leading project teams to achieve business outcomes. There will be exposure to a wide range of industries, so the ability to quickly understand new business environments is essential.
- Engage with clients to conceptualize data solutions.
- Modernizing existing data environment.
- Assisting our sales team with Pre-Sales and POC’s.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to our junior and intermediate consultants.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Complete technical reviews for consultants.
- Assist with necessary technical training for consultants and clients.
- Provide input into consultant’s technical growth plan.
- Drive technical blogs, forums and/or workshops.
- Assists support desk where applicable.
- Balance team support responsibilities with billable work, depending on capacity and utilization.
Key Performance Indicators:
This role will be measured on the following:
- Client satisfaction score aggregated over projects relating to
- Projects delivered right the first time
- Projects delivered on time and within budget
- Overall delivery quality of consulting team
- Successful completion and outcome of technical reviews for consulting team, with moderation/spot checks by management
- Innovation in new technologies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field. Master's degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in data engineering
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data structures.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Data & Analytics (Advantageous)
- SQL Database Development
- SQL Database Administration
- SQL BI Development
- BI Reporting (PowerBI, QlikSense, Tableau)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Advantageous)
- Data Management & Analytics
Microsoft Azure Certifications (Advantageous)
Experience in working with the following technologies:
- Data Factory
- Azure SQL
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Machine Learning