About the job
At BDO, we believe in investing in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. The foundation of our business is strong relationship, with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and we work hard every day to make this a reality. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities and our client's unparalleled support.
BDO’s global organisation extends across 167 countries and territories, with 88,120 people working out of 1,617 offices – and we’re all working towards one goal: to provide our clients with exceptional service. Our firms across the organisation cooperate closely and comply with consistent operating principles and quality standards.
BDO South Africa has an exciting opportunity IT Project Analyst to join the ICT department in Johannesburg office.
The main focus for this role is to consult with service line representatives in order to determine business directives, requirements, shortfalls, and advise suitable technical solutions, then bring these requirements to the infrastructure team for planning and implementation.
The IT Project Analyst will be inter-alia responsible for:
- Act as the liaison between ICT and the business.
- Prepare detailed plans for new projects, determine resource allocation, deliverable timelines, and possible issues.
- Conduct feasibility analysis to ensure consistency with client demands.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, conduct internal meetings, and streamline overall workflow, with the primary aim of keeping the project on schedule.
- Kick off the evaluation process by establishing performance indicators.
- Monitor every step of the project with reference to cost estimates, overall plans, and deliverable deadlines.
- Review existing processes and propose process improvements.
- Research, monitor, and analyze to produce business insights and action recommendations.
- Review business requirements against functionality of the developed system to ensure that business requirements have been met.
- Create and maintain project documentation, including timelines, resource plans, and meeting minutes.
- Provide regular status updates and communicate project changes.
- Provide support to the business by addressing queries and ensuring that they get resolved.
- B.Com Information Systems or relevant equivalent
- 2 years project analyst experience
- Microsoft CRM Dynamics experience
- Adequate IT knowledge which includes an understanding of IT concepts, systems and functions
- Data analysis
- MS Visio
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management skills
- Ability to engage with clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Relationships and Collaboration
- Exceptional Client Service
- Business Growth
- Engaging people
- Quality, Risk management and Operational performance
The appointment will be made in terms of the Firm's Employment Equity Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.