Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
EarthStream is a technology & engineering recruiting specialist providing talent across multiple industry sectors many of which share commonality in their technology dependence. Engineering is at the heart of what we do from software and hardware to security, electronics and infrastructure, through to industry specific engineering disciplines. We unde...
Read more about this company
- A leading consultancy that provides turnkey solutions and solar systems to the renewable energy industry is currently looking for Sales Manager to join their team based in Cape Town office.
- The main function of the job will be to responsible for the overall growth strategy, sales and profitability of your assigned region. Provide support to the sales force, making sure what is being sold is designed and built properly.
- The successful candidate must have experience in the Renewable Energy industry with a focus on Solar PV Systems / Solar PV Plant projects.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- New business development, increase the footprint within the assigned region
- Responsible for achieving defined sales targets
- Responsible for sales budget, sales pipeline
- Manage the sales team
- Project costing and feasibility investigations of new projects and tenders
- Technical evaluation of suppliers
- Maintenance of customer service levels
- Project Management: Management of suppliers as well as sub-contractors on site
- Issue site instructions to the electrical contractor
- Electrical account investigations and recommendations
- Financial analysis of capital expenditure
- Electrical site audits
- Facilitate the design of Solar PV plants.
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- A business related/ engineering qualification would be an advantage
- A strong sales/ business development focus sourcing and securing projects within the Solar PV industry (minimum 5 years) across Commercial/Industrial applications.
- Exceptional communication, motivational and people management skills
- Good basic electrical and technical understanding with exposure to Helioscope PV Design Software would be an added advantage
What's on Offer:
If you meet the key selection criteria , then please apply today. If you haven’t received feedback within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
go to method of application »
We are seeking a Senior Contracts Manager, based in Lesotho. You will be working for a leading Mining Services Organization
The Lesotho project is on a mine. It is a site based role. FIFO 14 days on 7 days off. This is a very complex project so we need someone with sound project experience in a similar environment. This is the most senior role on the project – with all site functions reporting into this role (Project Manager, HR, Finance, Plan, SHEQ etc). The staff complement is about 300 inclusive of Operators.
- Degree/Diploma (Civil, Mining, Mechanical)
- Experience working as a Project/Contracts Manager.
- Experience working on complex projects.
- Mine Management.
- SHEQ Management
- Financial Management
- Customer Relations
- HR Management
- Assist in developing and implementing a strategy and action plans for the business unit
- Plan strategically to improve organisational performance.
- Manage business development by growing business opportunities
- The purpose of the position is to lead and manage Mining contracts and Project teams in order to meet Business unit objectives.
- Sourcing and growing business opportunities and creating opportunities for innovation.
- Maximizing profit margins on contracts that will in return enhance the financial sustainability and wealth of the company
- Delivering quality products and services to clients and enhance the competitive advantage of the company in the market
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good communication skills
Offer: R105 000 per month +/-. Site allowance of 15%. Accommodation and food provided
go to method of application »
To be, as part of the installation site team, responsible for site operations related to electrical works and interconnection, including installation and connection, start up and testing of the plants.
Also includes all work from progress to quality, as well as HSE, CSR, security and direct management of day to day Construction activities.
- Lead the electrical work during plant Delivery Phase
- Be part of the Site Management team under the leadership of the Installation Manager
- Ensure that all necessary tools for electrical works are available before the beginning of start of site activities.
- Support the Installation Manager in recruiting and training of local electrical installation staff
- Lead the site electrical installation team to execute all installation and connection work
- Direct unloading and verification of all electrical installation tools, equipment and material and manage the storage of such items.
- Direct the necessary trench work in coordination with the Installation Manager
- Direct the installation, cabling and connection activities for all electrical equipment and materials, ensuring compliance with Lease Agreement requirements, quality standards, health and safety requirements and state of the art electrical installation practice.
- Engage daily with the Lessee Site Electrical representatives in terms of progress, services required from Lessee on the electrical works, risks and quality
- Decide on the corrective actions of issues with the relevant responsible parties
- Propose and implement changes in the Plant electrical design as necessary, coordinating with Engineering Team and the Installation Manager as required.
- Prepare the As-built electrical documentation
- Perform all electrical verifications and tests (cold commissioning) and support the start-up and commissioning of the Plant
- Support the Installation Manager in preparation and execution of the Tests on Completion, report the results of the tests, and obtain from Lessee the Completion Certificate
- Perform maintenance activities during Lease Phase
- Travel to site if required to support Lessee in unplanned maintenance activities
- Update Maintenance registers
- Electrician training
- Certification for power distribution works (LV and MV)
- Degree Electrical Engineering
- Clear thinker
- Ability to communicate clearly in a professional and business manner to various parties
- Problem solving
- Technically minded and understand clearly what is required to execute the works
- Able to lead a team in an isolated environment with planning, delegation and coordination of tasks
- Identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work and identifying the best people for the job
- 10+ years working experience in an electrical installation environment – supervisory role
- Management of all electrical construction aspects
- Staff management, time management, cost management, quality management and HSSE expertise
- Electrical design experience
- Leadership in medium voltage network construction projects or diesel generators electrical installation projects
- Position requires extensive travel and periodic stay (up to 2 months) in developing countries
- Must be able to work in challenging environments
- Must be able to work extended hours
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.