Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
Investigates and Analyses Business Problems to understand their nature, cause, effects and drivers, using a variety of methods and techniques.
Describes Business Problems and associated Solutions using industry standards methods, models and formats to display the results in a manner that is meaningful and accessible by Internal Customers who commissioned the work.
- Describes Business Requirements in an agreed format and following agreed methods.
- Describes Business Processes in an agreed format and following agreed methods including business rules.
- Provides business support with regards to change requests and system enhancements by compiling required submissions to the respective stakeholders.
- Describes Business Data and information requirements in an agreed format and following agreed standards.
- Prepares research reports that outline the results of Investigation and Analysis, as well as ad-hoc commissioned research.
- Influences discussion about solutions, projects and initiatives based on their Analysis of relevant business domains.
- Liaises with operational, tactical and support stakeholders to understand business needs, problems and requirements.
- Maintains fulfilment relationships and serves to translate discussions between business and fulfilment areas.
- Defines, maintains and extend standards and methods in use by the organization as required.
- Deliver the Telesure Service Way through personal effort and through others.
- Deliver on Treating Customers Fairly principles in alignment with regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
Level of Education:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4)
- Related undergraduate degree or national diploma
- Business Analyst and/or Project Management qualification or certification
- Long term insurance industry related qualification or certification
- 3 years Business and/or Systems analyst experience
- 3 years Business Requirements Documentation experience.
- Exposure to SDLC methodologies
- Process re-engineering experience
- Lean Six-Sigma experience
- Business Process Mapping experience
- Exposure to Long Term Insurance industry
*SAQA Accredited Equivalent* - It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)** competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) - As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are always and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. TIH is committed to an organizational culture that recognizes, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Should you not hear from our team in 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Unlock your greatness & be unstoppable
go to method of application »
- Manage and coordinate 1Life's sales function including sales support and
- training, national sales, and key account sales to meet business requirements.
- This position is governed by internal and external policies and frameworks.
Leadership and Direction
- Explain the action plan to support the sales agents in their understanding of what needs to be done and and how this relates to the broader business planand the organization's strategy, mission and vision; motivate people to achieve business goals.
- Monitor the performance of the team; allocate work and review completion, take appropriate corrective action to ensure timeliness and quality; contribute to formal individual performance management and appraisal.
Organizational Capability Building
- Use the organization's formal development framework to identify the team's individual development needs. Plan and implement actions to build their capabilities. Provide training or coaching to others throughout the organization in own area of expertise to enable others to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Data
- Ensure that the sales agents maintain up-to-date customer relationship management data, identifying and resolving issues.
- Identify, within the team, instances of non-compliance with the organization's policies and procedures and/or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate.
Personal Capability Building
- Maintain an understanding of accreditation, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing assessments, training and education.
Data Collection & Analysis
- Collate and analyze data using pre-set tools, methods and formats. Involves working independently.
Sales Planning and Coordination
- Work with guidance to plan and coordinate effective sales campaigns and
- related initiatives to achieve the best possible returns.
Policy and Regulation
- Work with guidance to interpret and apply knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
Policy and procedures
- Provides technical guidance when required to monitor, interpret and understand policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
EDUCATION General Education
Grade 12/ SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential)
FAIS recognized qualification or Wealth Management Qualification (Essential);
RE 5 (Essential); Degree/Diploma in Business Management (Advantageous)
EXPERIENCE General Experience
- 3 or more years experience in a sales call centre environment (Essential); 2
- years Long-term Insurance experience (Essential)
- Managerial Experience
- 3 or more years experience supervising and directing people (Essential)
go to method of application »
- To ensure that the Software Development Lifecycle is adhered to at all times.
- To take responsibility for the effort estimation, execution, testing, deployment and documentation of software.
- To ensure that quality software is delivered in alignment with software standards and in accordance with a pre-defined requirement and/or technical design.
- Ensuring current and ad-hoc work is carried out in a productive, timely and efficient manner.
Analysis and Solutioning:
- To analyse and clarify pre-defined software requirements and/or technical designs to ensure comprehensive understanding of business need.
- To provide suitable solutions based on the business need, developed within the architecture framework.
Level of Education:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) with University Entrance (NQF4).
- Grade 12 Relevant recognized diploma in RPG development Experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Must have problem solving and analytical thinking ability.
- A recognized software development certification / degree / diploma.
- At least 3 years’ experience using the relevant programming language or technologies.
- Previous experience within a financial services environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Understanding of System Design principles and frameworks.
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- Adaptability and/or flexibility
- Development skills in preferred technologies and frameworks (IBM iSeries / Microsoft .Net etc.)
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.