Keystone Project Recruitment, a comprehensive recruitment service to the industry ensuring that both the client and candidate needs are realized. Keystone Project Recruitment, through its experience in the project environment, is able to provide both contract and permanent professional personnel to its clients. Keystone Project Recruitment incorporated Chaplyn Consultants in 2002, thus enabling us to provide a more improved and comprehensive data base of professional personnel covering all disciplines. We eliminate the frustrations of our clients in having to do reference checks, skills and ability tests and the laborious task of receiving hundreds of inappropriate CV’s. Our scope of expertise and personnel data base cover a wide range of professional, technical and skilled staff.
Main Purpose (Role):
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for identifying and screening procurement suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions favourable tthe company (in the event that a Commercial Coordinator or Senior Procurement Coordinator has not been assigned tthe project), driving improved supplier service levels, minimizing risk while improving company business results, standardizing and automating business and procurement best practice processes in accordance with the companies corporate governance, project and client requirements.
- Technical Expertise
- Procurement Responsibilities
- Training of the project team regarding the project’s procurement procedure.
- Coordinate feedback sessions with the project team (project familiarisation session) regarding key procurement aspects, ramifications/issues affecting the project, if any.
- As necessary, liaise with legal counsel or management for clarification and/or direction with regards tany procurement liabilities that may arise.
- Prepare Procurement Operating Plan (POP) together with Project Manager, Project Engineers and Project Planner.
- Generate and implement project specific procurement, tender opening and close-out procedures in accordance with client requirements (as appropriate).
- Ensure project vendor list has been communicated tthe DRA vendor administrator.
- Prepare, update and maintain the Procurement Register which includes a register for guarantees, procurement statistics, contracts placed, close-outs etc.
- Ensure that sole source motivations have been approved.
- Track receipt of all tender acknowledgements.
- Tender openings in accordance with the project tender opening procedure
- Purchase Order (PO) Process
- Create / cancel PO's aligned tprocurement procedure & operations
- Proactive Management of PO's w/ the business, procurement
- Pinclusions, warranties, etc.
- Process owner and subject matter expert of the Pprocess
- Assist with vendor on boarding for direct and indirect products and services.
- Track and report vendor on boarding activity tmeet project goals and internal auditing guidelines
- Manage quotes and pricing, as needed
- Ensure functional alignment with project team
- Implement agreed purchasing plan for project
- Determine risk of & impact from changes and exceptions in process
- Negotiate pricing, facilitate approvals, and expedite rush items
- Negotiate with suppliers as needed, and execute strategic sourcing where practical
- Negotiates favourable contractual terms and conditions for the company with suppliers, with the assistance of management and only in the event that a Commercial Coordinator or Senior Procurement Coordinator has not been assigned tthe project.
- Develops and implements efficiencies, standardized tools, practices and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP and decision making and evaluation time
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results in close collaboration with the procurement and contracting department:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system
- Assist Project Engineer with commercial clarifications in tenders.
- Input intthe commercial adjudication.
- Input Formatting, administration, circulation for signature of adjudication.
- Negotiation of contracts with suppliers, with the assistance of management and only in the event that a Commercial Coordinator or Senior Procurement Coordinator has not been assigned tthe project.
- Generation of the Order or Contract document using the relevant, project specific documentation.
- Circulation and signatory of contract documents in accordance with the project procurement procedure.
- Complete the Order / Contract amendments in accordance with the project procurement procedure. Close-outs, in accordance with the project close-out procedure.
Formal Qualification Required
- FIDIC Training Course - Essential
- Diploma in Procurement - Advantageous
Main Purpose (Role):
The Logistics Coordinator will be working on a daily basis with LSP and vendors in all assigned aspects of the project’s specific transportation needs. They will provide guidance and support to maintain a consistent and effective application of DRA Projects procedures. The Logistics Coordinator will establish and maintain logistics procedures and documentation, while being the front-line for all logistics enquiries, both internal and external. This position is responsible for close follow up of the supply of materials and components from a vendor package. The position will be responsible to communicate requirements to the vendors and maintain constant dialogue regarding the progress of the order, thereby ensuring all Project equipment arrives on Site by the required date for Construction.
- Set up of project specific logistics procedures and documentation;
- Communicate requirements to the vendors and maintain constant dialogue regarding the progress of the order, thereby ensuring all project equipment arrives on site by the required date for Construction.
- Close follow up of the supply of materials and components from a vendor package.
- Being the front-line for all logistics enquiries, both internal and external, related to the Project
- Monitors freight bill claims with LSP;
- Monitors procurement operating schedule (POP) against outstanding orders and takes action to expedite shipments;
- Coordinates timely & efficient shipment of goods
- Assists with arranging quality control inspections;
- Obtains required commercial documentation from Contractor;
- Submits monthly logistics report to project manager and logistics department;
- Ensure LSP issue daily tracking report;
- Ensures GRVs and PODs for free-issued material are received in time for payment purposes;
- Compiles Project Materials Register (PMR)
- Issues information to company on-site material controller to ensure goods are issued to correct Contractor;
- Works with project team to effectively resolve order discrepancies that may occur;
- Monitor and manage LSP and Clearing Agents to ensure efficient and effective execution of defined processes;
- Maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfilment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations;
- Liaise with Safety Department regarding any safety equipment that needs to be transported to site.
- All tasks to be carried out in accordance with Companies and Statutory Procedures;
- Maintain good communication with all concerned to support our endeavour to be an effective and efficient support service to the projects;
- Work within a budget set by the Project Manager and be able to account for all expenditure where required by the client;
- Liaise with the Project Manager and/or underwriters on any equipment repairs or claims
- Advise Design team on any logistical constraints
Formal Qualification Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Logistics or a similar field - Essential
- Full MS Office Package at minimum intermediate level - Advantageous
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.