We are experts in delivering ROI through technology-enhanced learning. Our learners have completed over 11 million lessons, delivering standout returns to the world’s most remarkable hospitality brands across more than 120 countries. Lobster Ink’s learning methodology combines the best of cognitive understanding, video techniques and behavioral science to deliver practical training on skills, knowledge and behavior. We believe in enabling potential in people.
As the Creative Director you will be an inspirational leader who carries overall accountability for delivering world-class creative outputs. You will be responsible for generating compelling, creative concepts that drive learner engagement.
In this role you will work alongside the Programme Director, Traffic Director and Head of Course Architecture and support them with resourceful and innovative ideas to create a unique, high quality client product. Building an inspired and well lead creative team, demonstrating leadership, growth and internal and external relationship building.
- Process implementation
- To lead the visualisation process at the start of Pre-Production and guide the content directors and Scriptmanager in the creative interpretation and delivery of a course brief, outline and instructional design so as to meet Lobster’s and the client’s standards
- To comprehensively immerse yourself in the course blueprint/plan and understand and learn the Lobster Production standards and the Learning Matrix guidelines
- To regularly review the creative workflow to ensure that production processes are operating at maximum efficiency
- To liaise consistently with the Traffic Director and Planning Director to ensure all projects are running smoothly building the most efficient yet creative workflow together
Branding & quality assurance
- To operationalise client brand requirements into compelling, top quality, creative production outputs
- To ensure that the content directors, visual team and script writers on the course blueprint/plan and adhere to Lobster Production standards and the Learning Matrix guidelines
- To manage that the Lobster quality assurance standards and industry best practices are consistently applied to ensure that all creative work is of the highest quality
- To direct the final sign-offs and approvals of all completed projects in their final distribution format adding constructive advice to improve all projects
- To build and manage the Creative Department team
- To encourage the content and visual team to express ideas, articulate concepts and recommendations in a way that influences both internal and external stakeholders
- To develop, motivate and inspire the production team, including freelancers, to produce high quality courses that exceed Lobster’s and the client’s expectations
Innovation & creativity
- To effectively interpret client’s briefs and generate creative ideas around new course production that demonstrates innovation and keeps Lobster Ink ahead of its competitors
- To undertake competitive review session to understand trends and innovation
- To identify and motivate new ways of working that improve the timing and delivery of creative outputs
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Creative Director with a proven track record in quality assurance and communicating creative concepts
- Management experience of a team of at least 20 employees is essential
- Solid background in production, design and copywriting (video production and e-learning is an advantage)
- Agency experience would be highly advantageous
Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite of products (specifically Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects), as well as PowerPoint, iWork and other programs required for execution
- Motion design, Animation or Title Design is a key part of the work
- Good eye for visual detail and composition
A proficient Mac user
- Ability to facilitate proactive and reactive idea generation during the visualisation process
- An expert in all facets of the creative process with the ability to storyboard, plan and strategies at a senior level
- Advanced presentation and influencing skills with the ability to succinctly present ideas and protect the creative integrity of a project
- Ability to guide, inspire and lead a team of ‘creatives’, strong leadership skills will be a differentiator
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Able to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust within a team locally and internationally
- Must have excellent ability to work with people within cross functional teams
- A conceptual and creative thinker who is confident, self motivated, articulate and practical
- A very high level of resilience and the ability to perform consistently under pressure
- The ability to juggle multiple clients and projects at any given time
- A hands-on, persuasive and professional approach to all creative projects
Summary of Responsibilities
As the Lead Scriptwriter, you will oversee quality coming out of the Scriptwriting department: working closely with Directors, Instructional Designers and Scriptwriters on projects, you will ensure that Scriptwriters are delivering on briefs for learning and creative concepts. You’ll also review scripts and work intensively with Scriptwriters to ensure work is of the highest quality, meets course objectives and pushes Lobster Ink’s standards around learning and creativity. From a ‘People’ perspective, you will oversee freelance Scriptwriters on projects, and manage in-house Scriptwriters as your direct reports. You’ll work closely with the Script Manager to drive training and development across the Scriptwriting department – leading the way in a demanding, innovative and people-driven environment.
- To work closely with Scriptwriters and Instructional Designers: ensuring learning content briefed into scriptwriting is understood and effectively implemented by the Scriptwriting team
- To steer collaboration between Directors and Scriptwriters: ensuring creative concepts set out in the Director’s Treatment are worked into scriptwriting, and that both Director and Scriptwriters are aligned
- To oversee scriptwriting on a project: working closely with Scriptwriters to ensure all work produced follows the course plan, content document and creative brief
- To conduct the review and approval of Scriptwriting completed on a project to guarantee that work is of the highest quality, meets course objectives, and matches style guidelines set out in the Director’s Treatment and creative brief
- To give succinct, accessible and valuable feedback with regards to grammar, voice, tone and style on a large volume of scripts
- To troubleshoot and communicate issues that relate to quality, process, consistency, content or delivery from the Scriptwriting team – being accountable for the team alongside the Script Manager
- To identify and motivate new ways of working that improve the quality of work produced by Scriptwriters, and facilitates their ongoing development
- To conduct the course sign-off process for Scriptwriters
- To facilitate training on master templates and style guides relevant to Scriptwriters
- To provide training and mentoring across the Scriptwriting team to ensure that all scripting is consistent, on brand and world class
- To assist with management of the Lobster Ink Writing Style Guide by communicating regular updates and guaranteeing that the standards of the guide are adhered to
- To adopt a managerial role, overseeing a team of Scriptwriters to ensure that reasonable employee concerns are dealt with appropriately and that, in conjunction with People Development, any issues are flagged and resolved
- To assist with the ongoing development of Scriptwriters by addressing their general writing quality and maturity
- To assist with the effective recruitment, training and management of freelance and permanent Scriptwriters to understand Lobster Ink culture, workflow, and quality standards
- Degree/Diploma in English, with a writing focus
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory role
- Individual portfolio of work is essential to demonstrate writing and editing ability
- Agency, production and/or e-learning experience would be highly advantageous
Skills, Knowledge and attributes
- A proficient Mac user
- Experience with Google Business Suite
- Learns quickly, comfortable with technology, and not intimidated by new systems
- Able to facilitate creative brainstorming processes, and manage and mentor a creative team
- Strong creative writing skills; produces meticulous copy
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders
- A creative thinker who is confident, motivated, articulate and practical
- Possesses strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Resilient and able to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent attention to detail
- Displays a hands-on, persuasive and professional approach to all creative projects
- A charismatic leader, able to gain the trust of their team
Adaptable: willing to grow within a growing business
Summary of Responsibilities
The Production Coordinator role is to act as a bridge between Producers and Production on projects in administration and on-set logistics. The on-set logistics can include but is not limited to: securing locations, actors, make-up artists, wardrobe, transport, catering. The Production coordinator will also need to source and manage freelancers and external production houses.
The most important part of this role is efficiency and versatility. An understanding of Lobster Ink’s production flow specifically is essential. Negotiation, strong communication skills and organisational skills are key in order to be successful in the management of various aspects of the administrative tasks within the department, budgets, resources and deliverables.
- Manage the process of sourcing and booking of freelance crew, actors, locations, voiceover artists, props and other needs for projects – ensuring cost effective solutions to best of ability.
- Scheduling and running of productions.
- Create and maintain personal information record of all travelling production members, with passport and visa information.
- Attend all Project Production related meetings, where involvement is necessary.
- Create call sheets for cast and crew, updating on set.
- Organise catering, transport for crew, props, make-up, hair and wardrobe where necessary.
- Coordinate with external production companies to lock down all production logistics.
- Conduct site recce’s wherever possible and necessary.
- Secure filming permits where necessary based on chosen locations.
- Coordinate cast on set, and solve any problems, to ensure that the team can carry on filming without disturbances.
- Manage all voice-over artists and ensure the database has the most up to date information.
- Manage and maintain artist’s contracts and agreements.
- Create a brief and source voiceover artists based on client requirements.
- Live coach voiceover artists for the first session, until signed off, then handover to the Team Lead/scriptwriter. If required by client, further live coaching by the Production Manager is necessary.
- Works closely with Programme Director and Creative Director to ensure all Production tasks and objectives are being coordinated, executed, and maintained accordingly.
- 2-3 Years experience in production coordination.
- NQF Level 5 degree or higher will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated project or management experience (4+ years).
- Background in videography and filming.
- Experience with both Microsoft Office and iWork suites.
A proficient Mac user.
- Experience in directing and interacting with voiceover artists.
- Skills, Knowledge and attributes
- Excellent administrative skills
- Exceptional command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal and relational management skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Collaborative and builds mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships.
- Flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments.
- Works effectively through job and organisational changes.
- Quick and effective in problem solving.
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Can both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well.
- A proactive individual with the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Confident, sensitive and diplomatic when communicating with a variety of senior staff/clients.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional & discrete manner.
- Works well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Strives to achieve excellence in everything that she/he does.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.