Project Manager at ANKH Executive
Posted on: 6 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at ANKH Executive
ANKH is a global Executive Search and partnering company providing strategic support to selected clients to enhance their performance and bottom line through provision of tailored specialist consulting and services. Our focus is targeted to improve professional life of today’s and tomorrow’s most important assets of the organization; people. Your new future, your new company
PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Senior Project Manager experienced in implementing Core Banking, Risk and Capital Markets Solutions including business transformation. Africa experience a must.
Managing one large or a mix of tactical but mainly strategic Financial Systems and specifically Core Banking, Capital Markets and Risk Solutions programs that are of medium to high complexity, cost and impact, affect multiple business units, and can include 50+ project team members and implementation partners. A true Program Manager in Banking Solutions, you are used to running multiple projects in parallel and delivering extremely high quality on time within budget to Financial Institutions and demanding banking client across multi geographies..
You have been there, done that and carry the scars but your enthusiasm, dynamism, energy and drive are second to none.
Hands-on carry out and manage typical structured PMBOK based project and program management
- Build strong, collaborative relationships and takes ownership of key initiatives across business levels and functions.
- Represent our client at C levels and Steering Cos
- Issues and Risk resolution ownership from floor to board levels
- At ease with managing Program P&L and commercials
- Contract, service level agreement drafting and negotiations
- Project Team Leadership
- Liaising closely with the team to make sure project is coming in at the right price
- Motivates a large team to deliver service standards
- Develops staff to maximize potential
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
MANDATORY - PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE READ THE BELOW & QUALIFY:
- GEOGRAPHY: Must have owned and managed large and complex multi country Banking Software solutions programs in Africa preferably in Nigeria
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related discipline.
- Experience: 15+ years experience in project / program management including at least 10 years experience managing complex software implementation projects. Project management certification preferred.
- Past Employment: Bank side employment (permanent or contract), service provider side strongly preferred
- A respected name in the international banking community
- Obtaining profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Able to maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing project organization standards.
- Demonstrated long track record of project/programme management
- Knowledge to co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Responsible for the achievement of project productivity and quality goals
- Able to evaluate current business processes and systems
- Skill in planning and implementing procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Persuasiveness and Enthusiasm
- Extensive knowledge in Banking with experience in utilizing various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, client/server, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation) and the correct project application
- Investment / Core Banking Platform Projects Management experience mandatory
- Impeccable command of English, an Afrian dialect is welcome
- Considerable knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes, Cost Control as well as Revenue Drive experience and skills
- Consultative skills (Big4 background preferred)
- Able to gain respect at executive level
- Stakeholder Relationship Management Skills
- Excellent Mentoring and team development skills
- Quality focused with people skills
- Extensive knowledge and skill in project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines, and recommends improvements to realize efficiencies
- Extensive knowledge of communications/escalation management
- Considerable knowledge and experience with procurement management processes (e.g. acquiring goods and services, selecting and managing internal and/or external resources)
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, and issues).
- Skill in using a breadth of project experience and project management expertise to effectively transfer knowledge to any project situation (i.e., ranging from internal to conversions to software development projects)
- Skill in leveraging knowledge and experience using the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBOK) to play a leadership role by providing feedback for continuous process improvement
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ANKH Executive career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs