MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
We are currently seeking a Professional Services Manager to add to our growing Consulting / PSM team.
The Professional Services Manager (PSM) is a frontline management role with three primary responsibilities:
- services delivery of MicroStrategy products
- personnel management
- revenue generation
- More specifically, the PSM is responsible for the successful delivery of consulting services as well as the coordination of activities and information between key engagement stakeholders.
- The position is also responsible for the management of consulting personnel, which includes participation in staffing decisions, performance reviews, and career development support.
- This role is responsible for growing revenue in assigned accounts, primarily through effective account and engagement management.
- Ensure successful delivery of consulting services, particularly through effective engagement and customer management.
- Personally delivers billable consulting services, primarily in the context of managing engagements and meeting assigned revenue targets through growth in assigned accounts and effective utilsation of direct reports
- Lead the scoping, sizing, and estimating efforts for assigned engagements.
- Manage the work of the engagement teams under their direction (e.g. direct, matrix, or subcontractor) to ensure optimal resource utilisation and engagement execution.
- Assists direct reports in personal and career development by providing regular feedback, coaching and guidance on personal development. Encourages direct reports to take ownership of their personal career path.
- Participates in recruiting and employee development activities to ensure a balanced team with the right set of skills.
- Grow revenue for the assigned region through the effective management and expansion of the existing accounts.
- Ensure that all assigned team-members have a solid understanding of client business objectives and the plans in place to attain those objectives.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field.
- A solid understanding and experience of using MicroStrategy's products or those of our direct competitors.
- 10 year+ experience in software/technology business.
- Prior experience participating in the delivery of technology services engagements, including engagement management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical personnel and processes associated with enterprise software sales and related professional service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, develop and retain consultants.
- Effective communication skills at all organizational levels, including written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Expect 75% or more travel.
- To be considered for this role you MUST have experience with MicroStrategy or direct competitor products. If you don't have this skillset then your application will be automatically rejected.
- MicroStrategy Consultants empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, Consultants work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions
- in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Consultants are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success. MicroStrategy Professional Services' Career Path provides growth opportunities
- at all levels within the organization. Employees at the Consultant level build upon their previous customer experience by taking on increasingly challenging application development work that may include design activities. They may also be given responsibility as a team coach on small teams of up to 8 members,
leading and mentoring their more junior colleagues.
- Delivers billable consulting services. Efforts may be directed toward various MicroStrategy and / or supporting products and services
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned
- Connects project outcomes with customers' overall vision and MicroStrategy account strategy
- Participates in implementation activities
- Leverages technical competence and implementation experience to develop functional and technical application design skills
- Develops customer relationship and expectation management skills by independently working with customers
- Provides support to the Services management team, helping to scope and estimate the engagement
- Communicates effectively with team members both internally and with customers
- Shares expertise and experience with junior team members
- Applies methodology effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Demonstrates influence towards positive outcomes, internally and externally with customers
- Works within an internal sphere of influence typically bounded by project or regional activities
- Supports the team taking ideas from concept through full deployment
- Leverages MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery
- Develops an awareness of the competitive landscape including key differentiators and competitive positioning
- Actively participates in internal knowledge-sharing forums
You should also bring the following:
- Experience in a technology business environment preferably involving analytics or business intelligence.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Programming or systems development experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Staffing to local projects wherever possible, however field consultants can expect periods and assignments of up to 75 - 80% travel
MicroStrategy offers a competitive market salary and an unrivalled transparent bonus structure along with a package of benefits.
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to MicroStrategy career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply