Momentum Metropolitan Holdings, formerly MMI Holdings, is a South African-based financial services group was established on 1 Dec 2010, through the merger of Metropolitan and Momentum. We are specialists in long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investments, healthcare administration, health risk management, employee benefits and reward...
Read more about this company
Commercial Business Development Consultant
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses.
We are looking for Commercial Business Development Consultants who are able to work on their own as well as in a team environment writting business in accordance with targets laid down by Momentum Insurance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Source sufficient lead generating opportunities to ensure that you can quote at least 100 prospects per month
- Maintain and update your Lead Generation Matrix on a weekly basis
- Once a quote is requested the consultant must arrange a one on one meeting with the client in order to conduct a proper needs analysis and offer professional advice
- Manage the lead generation process which includes group presentations, one on one consultations, ensuring regular communication with staff, participation in corporate events, advertising and general relationship building
- Complete weekly reports that reflect leads, quotes and sales as well as the source of the leads, average premium, total premium and any other pertinent information which may be required from time to time
- Keep up to date and fully informed on product comparisons with opposition products
- Ensure that you are up to date with all own product changes
- Generate interest for and introduce other Momentum Insurance specialists to prospects where appropriate
- Meet all KPl's as laid down by Momentum Insurance for BDCs
- Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of all Insurance regulations and professional guidelines and ethics
- Meet the Fit and proper requirements as set out in the FAIS codes of conduct at all times
- Meet continuing professional development objectives as required by the industry
- Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional financial advice in all relevant business areas
- Maintain the required dress code and professional appearance
- Drive and initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Skills development
- Product knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record in the Financial Services industry with a knowledge of all aspects of short term insurance
- Meet the requirements of FAIS with respect to commercial advise in terms of experience and qualification requirements. Proof of both qualification and experience within the commercial category must be furnished at time of application. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered for the position.
- Minimum of three years sales experience preferably in the short term industry with payslips as proof of previous commission earned
- Excellent sales record over a number of years (minimum three)
- FAIS compliant
- Be professional at all times with prospects, clients and other Momentum Insurance Group staff
- Presentation skills, both 1:1 and to groups
- Capable of using PowerPoint and other visual aids and software packages competently