Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Who are we?
Sanlam internally is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. This role is within the financial planning business of Sanlam, which comprises a large force of both tied and independent intermediaries as well as the staff who support them. We are dedicated to meeting the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients with Sanlam through intermediaries and directly. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth
What will you do?
This role is responsible for the direct coaching, vesting, developing, supervising and performance managing of a portfolio of newly appointed financial advisers for the first 24 months (the vesting and development period) of their employ ensuring they are retained, competent and productive as quickly as possible.
Supervision and management of financial advisers during first 24 months of employment encompassing the following outputs:
• Activity, productivity and performance management of newly appointed advisers
• Up skilling newly appointed advisers on products, technical knowledge, systems, processes, compliance, legislation, etc.
• Focused Coaching and Vesting to ensure that the FA undergoes all the necessary steps, processes and requirements to become vested as quickly as possible to full productivity.
• Focused Development of FA’s in the different market segments i.e. Estate Planning, Investments, etc.
• Recruitment of Financial Advisers
• Sourcing and vesting new advisers in Key Accounts
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
• Wealth Management /Financial Planning qualification
• FAIS i.e. RE 5 & 120 Industry Credits
• CFP would be an advantage
• Management/Coaching Diploma would be advantageous
• Marketing & Sales experience in the financial services industry.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Financial Adviser /Planner in the middle to affluent market segment (proven track record)
• Experience in mentoring/vesting of advisers
• Previous management role would be advantageous
• COB and CPD points
Knowledge and skills
• Financial Services Industry and product knowledge (Sanlam and/or competitors)
• Legal technical Knowledge (financial advice related and product related),
• Financial/Assurance products (broad and background)
• Management & developmental skills to manage/coach staff
• Relevant regulatory, legislation and compliance knowledge (FAIS accredited)
• Marketing/selling knowledge/skills (including 6 step sales cycle)
• Activity and performance management
• Fit & proper from a FAIS perspective to act as supervisor
• Cultivates Innovation
• Client Focus
• Drives Results
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Drives Vision and Purpose
• Business Insight
• Directs Work
• Decision Quality
• The closing date for applications is 10 September 2021
The recruiter reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement prior to the closing date or to allow further applications to be submitted after the closing date indicated.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Life and Savings, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Investment, Santam, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers