Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries.
This role is responsible for delivery of the financial accounting/ control function in the organisation through other managers and their teams.
• Takes ownership of the Rest of Africa (RoA) segment financial statements (Income statement and balance sheet) and ensures compliance with accounting standards.
• Responsible for the consolidation of RoA results (timing and quality of reporting), to Segment Executive and OML reporting teams.
• A key component of the role is to implement the Group framework on improving the reporting process and internal financial controls across the RoA business.
• Guides systems and process development and ongoing improvements.
• Application and implementation of OML/IFRS Accounting policy & ensure consistency through collaborating with the country teams and with IT that we have the efficient and effective financial information systems and architecture in the countries.
• Manages a team of accountants and accounting specialists.
• Keeps abreast of current accounting and tax developments.
Analyse financial records such as income and expense trends
Review financial drivers and results and recommends further actions
Run the quarterly analytical review process with in-country CFOs and coordinates sign-off by the RoA CFO
Assist in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes
Carries overall responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial statements.
Responsible for the financial accounting/control function in the business unit through other managers and their teams.
Governance and Compliance
Works with the ROA Tax team to ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
Liaises with internal auditors.
Responsible for driving maturity of finance internal controls (DCT)
Develop reporting dashboards in respect of RoA internal controls
Financial Reporting and Consolidation
Prepare monthly report for use by RoA Exco
Prepare monthly slide decks for RoA Exco and Group team
Prepare inputs into the interims and year end segmental report for OML
Consolidate and review the segmental reports for RoA quarterly trading updates;
Support and manage the chart of accounts and financial hierarchies for consolidation and external reporting;
Manage the consolidation of the RoA’s results and prepare the financial sections and any required supporting analysis;
Conduct detailed review and investigation of variance analysis schedules;
Perform monthly and year-end close processes;
Provide HFM support to countries;
Provide technical accounting assistance to countries;
Assess the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and accounting records, ensuring countries resolve all identified issues;
Plan and coordinate monthly, quarterly, interim, year-end processes (based on OML group finance timelines, compile reporting instructions and project manage reporting process) to ensure deadlines are met;
Assist countries implement new IFRS standards;
Compile KPI reports together with management reporting team and analyse financial trends;
Assist countries with transformation of finance function (people, processes and systems)
Manage, lead and develop immediate team and specialists under supervision.
Drive operational excellence through area of supervision.
Select potential candidates to sustain pipeline and manage day-to-day staff administration in respect of direct reports
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers