Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
- The Senior Manager will drive the development & execution of Fintech basic products & services Customer Value Management strategy: customer acquisition, development and retention by understanding the customer base, including defining the requirements, setting goals and monitoring the metrics.
Fintech basic products and services scope includes:
- Money transfer services: p2p, p2c, c2c.
- Withdrawal services: cash out from agents and cash out from ATMs.
- Cash in services : money deposit into momo wallet.
- Technical CVM integration projects such Comviva and Flytxt integrations projects.
- Fintech Loyalty programs
- New Fintech value propositions for starter kits.
- The Senior Manager will also manage all Customer Value Management internal and externals stakeholders and projects. He will perform and defend all required business cases to support the initiatives.
The Senior Manager will also contribute towards MTN’s overall strategic goals, to achieve profitable growth and to continuously improve the operations performance.
The Senior Manager: Fintech CVM Basic services reports to the General Manager: Fintech Consumer.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
The Senior Manager: Fintech CVM Basic Services will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop and implement acquisition plans.
- Develop and implement usage & revenue development plans.
- Develop and implement retention and loyalty.
- Track campaigns performance against agreed KPIs.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and CVM related projects.
- Improve Time to market and Go To market processes.
- Strategy Development and Implementation
Lead creation of sub-divisional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals with emphasis on client experience (internal and external) in the area of Customer Value Management.
Ensure effective implementation of the CVM strategy by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, plans and roadmaps.
Conduct regular review of the functional strategy and roadmap to ensure its alignment with the changing dynamics of the internal and external ecosystem.
- Set up / participate in adhoc operational meetings.
- Participate and provide input in strategic meetings.
- Perform evaluation baseline of key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Request for relevant budget for internal projects and new initiatives.
- Facilitate preparation of proposals on change initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery.
- Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resource or reputational impact.
- Manage and provide solutions to escalations that have multiple processes / functions impact on critical path of service delivery.
- Manage and provide solutions through stakeholder consultation where relevant.
- Review all projects initiated (internal or global).
- Prepare objectives, targets and budgets for Advertisements as applicable.
- Review key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions.
- Facilitate in sign-off / making decisions regarding tactical changes.
- Monitor performance and alignment with MTN global strategy.
- Ensure alignment between across other functions within the Group Mobile Financial Services teams.
- Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary degree (Bachelor’s Degree in a Statistical, Mathematics, Big data, data scientist or related field).
- Postgraduate qualification/ Certification or training in Customer Value Management, Customer segmentation, Big data being an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mid-senior capacity in defining, developing and deploying CVM campaigns.
- At least 3 years’ experience within a non-traditional FinTech or Consumer Marketing environment.
- Prior experience Financial Services preferred, with experience within the telecom industry and with Mobile Money being an added advantage.
- Understanding emerging markets.
- Willing and flexible to travel within Africa and Middle East.
- English speaker. French language being an added advantage.
- Proficiency in data science: statistics, data mining, modelling and advanced analytics.
- Ability to design, define/specify and deploy marketing campaigns, including monitoring, managing and reporting on the portfolio performance thereof – in conjunction with other key functional areas of the business, namely: Decision Science, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Portfolio Management.
- Analytics and Interpretation
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem solving
- Conflict Management
- Project Management
- Complete candour
- Culturally aware
- Emotional Maturity
- Team Player