The focus for this role will be to:
- Effective collection, analysis and reporting of survey data within the electronic environment.
- Perform the function of a data Steward ensuring the data presented is up to date, accurate and correct (data problem solving).
- Underground excavation measurements using the latest technology where available.
Technical work responsibilities:
- Ensure that all MRM processes are adhered to.
- Measure underground excavations - both manual and Freestation
- Inventory monitoring and analysis and Capital Surveys.
- Install lines and grades in development ends and stopes.
- Produce electronic Survey layouts/instructions/notifications.
- Survey surface infrastructure (roads, dumps, civils, etc.).
- Creating incident, accident and fatality plans.
This role is in the MRM Survey & Systems Departmentat a C5level reporting to the Shaft Surveyor.
The following will be required:
- Grade 12 with minimum 50% in mathematicsand science.
- Minimum requirement: Advanced Chamber of Mines Survey and Elementary Sampling.
- Advantageous: B Tech, ND, NHD, COM Adv Val, MRM Certificate.
Experience & technicalskills required:
- A minimum of 4 years survey experience as a Senior Surveyor preferable within a hard rock / deep level conventional / mechanised mining environment.
- Intermediate Computer literacy in MS Office.
- Experience in Microstation will be advantageous.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, youcan expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
go to method of application »
The work executed by the SHEPS department should constitute at least 80% routine tasks consisting mostly of legally required Safety, Hygiene and Environmental inspections/audits for Mining, Plant and Engineering. The execution of these 30-, 45- and 90-day inspections and audits need to be planned and integrated with the existing scheduled work of the relevant sections. Other duties for the role will include the following:
- Development of tactics/plans in accordance with legislative requirements, policies, strategies, and operational requirements.
- Perform maintenance and quality control on tactics/plans to ensure the correct BOM’s, resources, frequencies, and time durations to improve the quality of plans.
- Review and update existing plans to align with strategic decisions or changes to policies/legislation.
- Plan ad-hoc work.
- Processing of data and reports (accurate, relevant, and up to date).
- Continuous interaction with the planning offices of core areas to create a participative working environment where all relevant stakeholder contributions and inputs are considered.
- Conduct work sessions with service providers to optimize relevant tactics/plans and strategies.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety standards.
- Decide on the detail level of Planning and plan accordingly.
- Define the time required to complete the Work as well as the timeframe for completing the Planning.
- Ensure that the Work on PM Orders for all Routine Tasks are completed in time and that the PM Orders are TECO-ed with the correct Execution Date and Measurement Readings.
- Tasks forming part of the WSS (short term strategy) to be discussed in the Monthly Pre-Planning Meetings.
- Daily capture the ad-hoc work request within the SAP PM platform.
- Daily run SAP Transaction IW28 to see if there are any Notifications with APD (Approved), OPN (Open) or NCD (Cancelled) Statuses.
- Review the Task Status Report daily to assist in prioritizing the planned work and to track upcoming work
- Plan approved work orders (Within area of responsibility) for resource provision and execution prior to required date as defined by business.
- Compile Labour and materials requirements for the planned work.
- Specify tools, services, equipment & contract resources.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with health, safety, and environmental standards and with company values.
- Report any deficiencies, unsafe workplaces, unsafe acts observed
This role is in the SHEPS Department at a Band 7 level reporting to the SHE Systems Coordinator - Safety Management
You will need the following Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Safety/ Hygiene/ Environment will be recommended.
- 3+ years’ experience in SHEPS & Production support capacity
- Project Planning as an advantage
- Workable knowledge of the relevant SAP modules
- Computer literacy: MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License (EB/E)
go to method of application »
As the Studies Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Organisation and planning of the project work into integrated, cross-functional Project Execution Plans (PEP) in line with Anglo American associated standards
- Organizes the work into manageable activity clusters (phases)
- Determines an effective approach to executing study projects
- Assists in preparing the project plan and obtain management approval
- Creates a project charter with the stakeholders and team, including the definition of completion criteria
- Determines project goals, priorities with management program manager and/or project sponsors
- Determine business case and priorities among project activities
- Assists in the effectively coordinating the activities of the team to meet project milestones
Project development management
- Proactively identifies changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline
- Involves functional expertise and specialist staff in design reviews and key decisions
- Assists in compiling a complete and accurate estimate of a project
- Assists in managing the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, capital project management, etc.
- Provides inputs when analysing the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives
Management of relevant stakeholders
- Manages relationships with project stakeholders (internal and external clients)
- Provides support in resolving issues related to client relations, governmental relations, project quality, and project risk and project safety
- Provides support in overseeing the reporting activities of project employees and determining when to escalate issues
Support of the setup and project process compliance
This role is in the SIB & Construction Management (CON) Department on a Band 6 level.
- Engineering Degree (Mining, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial or relevant Technical 4-year degree (NQF level 7))
- Qualification in Project Management (Preferably Master of Project Management or PMP)
- Driver's License: Code B (Light Vehicle)
- Medically Fit
- Covid Vaccinated
- At least 8-10 years mining, capital projects and construction management experience
- Substantial capital projects experience, mainly studies experience within the mining and/or processing/beneficiation
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Multi-disciplinary engineering and construction experience
- Significant commercial exposure of contract negotiations and contract conditions
- Significant commercial exposure of dispute resolution
- Environment authorization related projects
- Experience is working with Government agencies
- Significant exposure to SHE management of the construction environment
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
go to method of application »