Deloitte is one of the country's leading professional services firms in Southern Africa, and is dedicated to assisting companies succeed in the business environment- whether it be through our tax, audit, consulting or financial advisory services. At Deloitte, we understand that solutions are not just a static one dimensional report, but rather, an integrated...
Read more about this company
- A trainee works under the guidance of a senior professional to perform statutory external audits in accordance with specific laws and rules, on financial statements of a company; government entity or organisation. This process includes evaluating a company's internal controls, policies and guidelines, and to ensure that such policies are adequate and functional. A trainee is also required to provide leadership and guidance to junior trainees on external audit engagements.
- Relevant SAICA accredited degree
- Relevant SAICA accredited post graduate degree, CTA or the equivalent
Technical and Behavioural Competencies/ Functional Competencies
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums
- Negotiation ability
- In-depth understanding of business operations
- Ability to think strategically as well as understand the detail
- Networking skills
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have strong business acumen skills
- Technical Competencies
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Project management skills
- Highly influential
- Ability to deal with pressure
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Flexibility and embracing of change
- Ability to actively engage with people at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills
- Focused on client service and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
go to method of application »
What you will do?
As a Senior Manager within our Deloitte Consulting business, you will:
- Work with clients to devise and apply smart solutions specifically around energy management and ESG challenges
- Actively participate in the development of business and vendor relationships
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Support clients to develop innovative, market-driven solutions for improved energy management
- Lead discussions and workstreams on topics such as climate change, electricity management, sustainable mining, renewable energy and/or water infrastructure resiliency in such areas as decarbonization, policy development, regulatory reform, service provision, and improved access to capital
- Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Manages day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Deloitte team
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Displays leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Provide counselling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Focus on managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Lead business development initiatives to grow the portfolio
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
- Support Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project in a programme management capacity. Hypothesis development. This would include Customer and market segmentation, Application of methods, Trends and forecasting capability, Problem solving, Analytical capability, Financial modelling, Storyboarding and Report writing.
- Contacting key stakeholders at potential clients to establish rapport, arrange meetings and develop relationships. Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives. Researching organisations and individuals to identify new opportunities
- A minimum of 12 years consulting and/or industry experience,
- A Bachelor's Degree, Engineering Preferred
- Practical work experience in the utilities sector specifically in energy management
- Experience with advising and collaborating with utility companies, solution providers and government agencies on topics such as:
- Energy Business Strategy
- Energy Modelling
- Energy System Design
- Grid Modernization
- Power System Transformation
- Proven experience in leading small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Prior experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
- Ability to travel required.
Strategy Specialized / Technical Capabilities
- Defines the Market - Ability to analyse the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization’s strategy
- Shapes the Strategy - Ability to help shape a client’s strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market
- Support the execution – Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the execution of large transformation programmes
- Develops Sector and Offering Knowledge - Ability to build sector and market offering knowledge and apply it to influence a client’s strategic direction
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
go to method of application »
About the Application Management Team and our Delivery Centre
Deloitte approaches IT Application Management Services (AMS) automation differently. We focus on what really matters: We’re outcomes-driven, not technology obsessed. This means understanding the digital maturity of the organization and helping define core automation objectives. Deloitte has been out in front of automation for years, and we are a market leader. We build bots that automate processes, not tasks. Looking at a process end-to-end can help uncover true automation potential and returns.At Deloitte Consulting our Delivery Centers help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. We leverage scale, talent and a center delivery model to provide high quality service with standardized processes and procedures and help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to manage own work against the project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Knows the business and sector - Ability to understand the client’s business, follow sector trends and learn leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to diagnose a problem, conduct analysis, and develop solutions for client problems
- Financial Acumen - Ability to gather and interpret financial information to help strengthen proposed recommendations
- Executive Presence - Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas in a clear and composed manner to instill confidence in team and clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to present a cogent idea or case using clear and concise messaging, and support using appropriate data and tools
- Global Mindset - Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to recognize technology as a business enabler
- Accesses the Organization - Ability to develop and share reusable assets that can be readily applied to new projects
Service Line Capabilities
- Analysis and Integration of SAP Capabilities - Ability to analyze a client’s needs, utilize skills within a SAP (sub)capability, contribute to designing an SAP solution within their (sub)capability, understand the relationship between SAP and their legacy environments and recognize integration points within SAP
- Develop solutions based on Best Practice including conforming to the SAP Programming guidelines.
- Passed SAP Certification exam
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Data Science or Information Systems
- 3 years’ working experience
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area)
- Experience in a client facing role
go to method of application »
Deloitte is seeking a Senior Consultant with payment regulations experience. The Senior Consultant specifically needs to have knowledge and experience in payment regulations and developments with adequate skills and knowledge. The Senior Consultant will work under the supervision of the Risk Advisory payments leader.
Main Purpose of Job
The Payments Regulation Specialist will contribute to the business success of Deloitte and its numerous clients, by applying specialist payment skills and knowledge to how grow the business and client delivery.
- Completed Business/ BSc Degree
- PASA Certificate in Foundational Payments is advantageous
- Honours / Masters / MBA is advantageous
- 5 years' work experience preferably in a consulting / financial services environment
- Minimum of 3 Years payments-related delivery experience
- Broad/ deep knowledge of payments, payment streams (e.g. electronic, card, wholesale) and channels
go to method of application »
As an experienced SAP Enterprise Data & Analytics Lead, you will bring your knowledge and expertise to ensure the design, development and implementation of SAP Analytics solutions that meet business requirements.
Engagement management and team development. You will also be expected to develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
The job role entails the following:
- Lead and manage small- and large-scale SAP related BI, Data & Analytics projects.
- Play an SME role in the design, management and delivery of the solutions, together with facilitating excellent client liaisons and relationships.
- Solve complex integrations, design, data modelling, visualisation and analytics challenges.
- Interact with key stakeholders and recommend correct solutions, meeting with industry standards.
- Manage, mentor and guide the Deloitte and project team towards successful project delivery.
- Keep abreast with the latest SAP developments, approaches, techniques and solutions (Cloud, on-prem and hybrid).
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and Business Development skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
Good financial knowledge
- Knowledge and experience across multiple areas including:
- Insights Driven Data & Analytics strategy development
- Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of the SAP BI and Analytics toolsets inclusive of SAP Enterprise HANA, SAP BW/4HANA, SAP S4 Embedded Analytics and SAP Analytics Cloud
- Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
- Data Modelling
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Data Management
- Data Engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
- Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data)
- Cloud Analytics
- SAP Analytics as a discipline
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Continuous learning mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective engagement management
- Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
- Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
- Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement taking accountability for larger engagements
- Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically, identifying risks and escalating.
- Able to work under pressure
- Ownership of deliverables driving team quality and risk management.
- BSC Computer Science, BSC Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred) and SAP Certifications. Or if direct entry proven experience in data & analytics and other relevant any qualifications (e.g. Certifications and other certifications in analytics technology platforms and techniques)
- SAP Certifications or Advanced degrees in Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Analytics technology specific certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Data Analytics relevant experience
- Managing and executing projects
- Managing pilots to realize quick wins
- Organization functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed
- 6 years related experience
- Consulting Experience is advantageous
go to method of application »
Work you'll do:
- Support the delivery of components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities may include, among others, supporting efforts around the identification of migration approaches, migration plans, tools, timeline and execution.
- Work with cloud engineering teams to design and modernize legacy platforms to AWS cloud native platform
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in AWS or Azure cloud environments, application & data modernization and migration projects.
- Object-oriented programming experience (i.e. emphasis in Java or .NET)
- Demonstrated experience in AWS or Azure architecture and solution design.
- Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
- Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
- Knowledge and experience managing Cloud Migration and Modernization programs/projects and an ability to adapt experience into best practices for immediate use
- Familiarity with compliance and security standards
- Experience with Product Management experience methodologies like Agile or Agile-like environments a plus
- Demonstrated experience with public cloud providers - AWS and/or Azure architecture, tools and cloud methodologies.
- AWS or Azure certifications
- 3+ years of IT experience as a solution architect and software development engineer in customer-facing roles.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.