Imagine a world where people live healthier, more enhanced and protected lives… A world in which each organisation is a powerful influencer and responsible corporate citizen, committed to being a force for social good. As a leading innovator in healthcare, wellness, insurance, investments, financial and life planning, Discovery works ceaselessly to...
Read more about this company
This position requires the successful candidate to manage legal disputes, as well as to provide legal assistance to Discovery Health when necessary.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following broad job functions:
- Argue cases at Disputes on behalf of DHMS at weekly Dispute Hearings.
- Manage and own the entire Dispute Process and the relevant workflow pools.
- Assist senior legal advisor to respond to legal letters of demand from members.
- Provide legal assistance in respect of appeals to Council.
- Assist senior legal advisor in managing the mediation process before a matter goes on appeal.
- Provide legal training to the Benefit Compliance Review team when required.
- Update the Benefit Compliance Review team and relevant business areas on Council for Medical Schemes and dispute rulings as required.
- Monthly and quarterly trending and status reports.
- Assist in and provide advice on legal matters pertaining to Discovery Health e.g. Application of the Medical Schemes Act and Regulations to funding decisions.
- Draft heads of arguments for appeal and dispute matters.
- Investigate cases prior to going for disputes.
- Track industry trends relating to the Appeal committee and to the appeal board decisions, to assist with the implementation into Discovery Health.
- Record keeping according to company requirements.
go to method of application »
The outbound concierge consultant significantly enhances the member’s experience by promoting and facilitating the use of digital servicing assets. This is done by engaging with the designated members through the most appropriate channels.
The successful individual will be required to perform on, but not limited to the following key outputs:
- Orientate designated groups of Health members to digital channel platforms, before they realise the need for information and assistance.
- Gauge the members existing level of digital proficiency.
- Build the necessary understanding and skills required by the member to navigate and use the digital channels and platforms.
- Make use of a multi-channel approach in engaging with the members.
- Improving client experience
- Manage and facilitate resolution of client queries and issues in relation to accessing the digital channels and platforms.
- Continuously staying abreast of all digital servicing tools within the business and ensuring that the functionality is fully understood so as to ensure our members receive the best service.
- Gather data and information on client needs and experiences of the existing digital channels and platforms.
- Provide structured feedback to relevant stakeholders regarding digital channel enhancement opportunities and evolving members needs.
- Servicing our members in a customer centric way to ensure that we live by our service principles
- Ensuring excellent quality service to all members
Personal Attributes And Skills
The successful individual will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Digitally savvy
- Ability to sense and interpret levels of readiness to adopt a particular digital channel.
- Customer Centric
- Ability to transfer and relay information on various levels
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Can facilitate skills transfer using multiple channels
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Establishes good relationships with members
- Assertive and confident
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Speak fluently (accent neutral) English/Afrikaans
Qualification & Experience
- Min 3 years’ call centre experience
- Knowledge of the Discovery systems
- Proficient in MS Office suite
The following are advantageous criteria for the position
- Experience in an outbound tele-sales environment
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Discovery Health product experience
go to method of application »
Assume the lead role in developing and implementing the billing structure and processes for billing and reporting to Discovery Central Services’ contracted client Discovery Bank.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
Finance Management Responsibilities
- Assist with the group procurement requirements, liaising with the procurement department to ensure all orders are placed timeously
- Manage and track all expenditure incurred against the approved budget aligned to respective services
- Assist in preparing the budget and forecast expenditure for GIS (Group Information Systems)
- Prepare and capture all related journal entries and all related reconciliations
- Prepare any other reports that may be required
- Prepare all relevant documentation required and assist auditors with all audit related queries
- Assist in resolving all billing related queries
- Assist with the preparation of the related information required for DCS and Group AFS preparation in line with IFRS
- Assist and provide related information to assist the group tax team
- Assistance with any other related work as may requested from time to time
- Assist in reviewing and analysing source documents used in the billing process
- Assist in preparation of management accounts
Personal Attributes And Skills
- Able to perform multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities and to deal with changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Able to communicate (orally and in writing) and be responsive to internal customer requirements
- Decisive and driven by deadlines,
- Willing to challenge ideas and provide suggestions which are in the best interests of the company
- Work collaboratively with internal customers and other external professionals
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with internal customers and suppliers
- Contracting experience
- Business Writing Skills
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Solid knowledge of VAT, IFRS and AFS Disclosures
- Drive and tenacity to solve problems and follow up
- Able to work under pressures and meet tight timelines
- Very organized
Education And Experience
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Completed BCom Honours degree or Post-Graduate Diploma in Accounting or similar
- Completed articles with an Accounting/Audit firm
- Post articles work experience
- Newly Qualified CA(SA) or similar
- Business experience in contracting and billing knowledge
- SAGE experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.