Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organizations operate. Our mission is to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We help address the world's greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that se...
Read more about this company
Working together with a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering new clients in our growing territories. You are the primary point-of-contact for major accounts and are accountable for delivering at above quota sales performance in your region. You are motivated by a hunger to solve critically difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at a high executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites, and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by Palo Alto Networks solutions.
You will lead identifying and signing appropriate channel partners as well as training them on our solutions. Additionally, your credibility will guide your customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate communication on strategic and tactical issues facing our clients and partners
- Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and governmental regulations that affect target markets
- Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of accounts
- Lead coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Take full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process
- Extensive domestic travel and possible international travel as necessary
- Exceeding sales quota as a Major or Large Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, or Territory Account Manager for a multinational company
- IT sales experience as direct contributor
- Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel centric go to market approach
- Knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology
- Have sold network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSEC VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- In-depth knowledge of how specific industries might leverage security solutions
go to method of application »
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll enable sales engagements into a set of large new enterprise accounts. You will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. It is business critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Architect and propose validated solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each unrivaled environment
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved
- 4+ years of experience as a successful pre-sales SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall and some comparative technologies; Continuous technical development
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networks (L2 switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing that includes OSPF and BGP, and L4 Load balancing)
- Understand and effectively present our security platform to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex multivariate problems and find a systematic approach to gain a quick resolution
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Familiarity working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric market approach
- Previous work in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience and knowledge of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- Significant industry certifications (SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc)
go to method of application »
The Named Account Manager is a significant driver of company revenue and growth. As an experienced and dynamic sales professional, you’re responsible for leading and driving sales engagements. You’re motivated by the desire to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment, so you’re prepared to connect them with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding your quota by crafting and implementing strategic territory plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a go-getter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Oh, and did we say you love to sell? Because selling is what gets you out of bed every morning. This is not just a career – it’s a meaningful challenge that impacts our lives in the digital age.
- Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
- Build a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies
- Generate volume opportunities to deliver a predictable book of business and drive forecast accuracy
- Engage a programmatic approach to demand to generate, develop, and expand your territory
- In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, you’ll demonstrate mid-market account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held private companies
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Bring to bear all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cybersecurity sales specialists, the services team, sales ops (including the deal desk and the response team), and others
- Stay updated on industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services
- Travel as necessary within your territory, and to company-wide meetings
- Exceeding sales quota experience for a multinational company
- Understand how to win by using Channel partners, and are comfortable with a channel-centric go-to-market approach
- Demonstrated ability to segment accounts across the territory and dig in using the entire ecosystem with a specific focus on partners and marketing (1 to many)
- Have and able to lead all aspects of the sales cycle with the ability to uncover, qualifying, developing, and closing new, white-space territories and accounts
- Possess a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to mid-market customers
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.