When industry greats, ForwardSlash and SpeakUp Communications joined forces, an undisputed leader in technology, online marketing and customer relations management was born – DigiOutsource.
Today, we trade as a division of Digital Outsource Services (Pty) Ltd. We’re a global team constantly seeking out new challenges, workable solutions and trailblazing innovations. From our campus in Cape Town and our offices in London, we provide a world-class service to our international client base, while successfully managing, supporting and promoting established online gaming brands like JackpotCity, Spin Palace and Betway. Plus, we encourage and create career growth opportunities at every turn, whether it be in digital marketing, software development, business intelligence, design, training, communications and more.
If you’re looking for exposure to the online environment and want to work with clients from around the world PLUS you’re driven, passionate and possess superior skill in your chosen field, then a career at DigiOutsource could be for you.
The Senior Software Developer will form a vital part of a team of C# Developers who are responsible for creating cutting-edge software that supports critical business processes. The Senior Software Developer will be familiar with advanced programming techniques and design patterns and, in accordance with the Technical Lead, will provide guidance to the other developers. This candidate will report to the Software Development Team Lead.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Develop cutting-edge software using the latest development tools and frameworks.
- Unit-test all software artifacts.
- Maintain current systems (web/other) and develop new systems (web/other) using the latest technologies.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Test Analysts in developing, testing and deploying systems components.
- Research and develop new technologies.
- Provide second/third line support to IT for software deployed into company eco system.
- Analyse and resolve complex and high impact production issues where required.
- Monitor systems performance and ensure all SLA’s are met.
- Assist technical writers with technical documentation and user manuals related.
- Support to Team
- Transfer of business and technical knowledge to the greater team.
- Technical guidance and mentoring of developers.
- Support to Technical Lead and Software Development Manager
- Assist in enforcing Agile and Scrum methodology in the teams.
- Assist in code reviews.
- Assist in coordinating Pair Programming.
- Assist in implementation of best practices, coding standards and relevant methodologies.
- Proven experience in internet technology and web development.
- Proven experience in coding with an understanding of system architectures and knowledge of SOA.
- Solid knowledge of OO, development methodologies and applying patterns.
- Ability to work alongside Architects to integrate and propose viable solutions to business.
- Databases: MS SQL Server.
- 5 years’+ experience hands-on development experience.
- Computer Science related degree, diploma or similar qualification.
- Experience in working with agile teams and successfully delivering agile based software projects.
- Be prepared to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Advantageous Requirements:
Understanding of the following:
- MVC pattern
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ)
- NoSql (Mongo)
- Out of Memory Caching (Couchbase)
- Real time evaluations (SignalR/XSockets)
- Source control concepts (Merging, Branching, Publishing)
- Continuous Integration
- Personal Competencies:
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills which includes verbal and written with both technical and non-technicalaudiences.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to listen attentively and process information quickly.
- Able to ask clarifying questions and provide accurate information.
- Adaptable individual who is able to handle stress in calm, mature way.
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Solutions and results oriented.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Passion for technology, innovation and continuous learning.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Digital Outsource Services (Pty) Ltd career website on digi.jb.skillsmapafrica.com to apply