Established in the early 90’S as CQS Technology Holdings, CaseWare Africa is now one of SA’s leading software houses specialising in the design, development and deployment of software solutions for financial professionals. We provide a full range of professional services and “best of breed” solutions to nearly 4,000 customers spanning Audit, Risk Management and Corporate Performance Management. We employ over 200 highly qualified and talented people. The delivery capability of this team is focused on supplying quality products and services to our clients. We provide a complete solution consisting of software, implementation and training, using proven best practice methodologies focused on providing an optimal return on investment.
As the Cloud Development Manager, you have many responsibilities, but the primary one is to lead our Cloud team, ensuring that our Cloud products are developed and released efficiently and effectively. You are positioned as a Senior Leader in the business and will drive our Cloud First strategy, in partnership with our Senior Solutions Architect. Your goal is deliver results to the customers, and do everything necessary to achieve this. To do this you need to make sure the development team is able to work as efficiently as possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. You work with the team to drive technical architecture and product decisions while balancing resources and schedule considerations.
- Be accountable for technical vision, architecture and product quality. Maintain an excellent working relationship with the Senior Solutions Architect.
- Retain and recruit top development talent.
- Identify and nurture leaders within the development team for career growth.
- Work cross discipline with Product Management to define product vision and architectural runway.
- Play a hands-on role and not just a delegating role.
- Ensure that our development team is adhering to best practices:
- Development Process: development processes are followed in all areas from source/repo control to issue logging and tracking.
- Development Quality: functional testing passes 100%, 99% code coverage, test specs peer reviewed as part on submission process, committed code is always in a ready state.
- Delivery: assigned features are delivered in the required sprints, no variance on delivery, and development is delivered by agreed-upon deadlines.
- BSc Computer Science or relevant degree in IT with focus on Software Development.
- 8+ years development experience of which at least 4 years have been in a manager role.
- An impeccable track-record with quality web development in a production environment.
- 8+ years’ experience of which at least 4 years is in a management role with proven ability to delegate successfully and being involved in the bigger picture.
- 8+ years’ experience in server side technologies and databases with experience in Cloud architecture e.g. Node.js, Express.js, PostgresSQL, Sequelize.
- 4+ years’ experience in server-side templating languages e.g. Jade, EJS.
- Solid understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS).
- Adopts a Test-driven Development approach and is familiar with testing tools.
- Familiarity and experience with Continuous Integration tools and services.
- Team player: has fun teaching people new concepts, enjoys collaborating with a team.
- Sense of responsibility and ownership. Need to come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code.
- Has developed, shipped and supported a dynamic web app successfully in a team environment.
- Rock-solid coding skills: writes code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand.
- Capacity to take requirements, and break them down into actionable tech tasks.
- Embraces paired programming, test driven development, and startup mentality.
- Tenacious and resourceful problem solver with deep analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Innovative and positive team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Define and develop communications strategy and plan.
- Measure the success of marketing campaigns to determine the most effective means of driving sales.
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as white papers, presentations, case studies, business cases, to help improve sales win rates.
- Work collaboratively with sales to ensure there is common understanding of business goals and objectives, with a deep understanding of conversion rates and the contributing factors to a product’s sales success or missed targets.
- Develop and manage budgets and resource requirements.
- Provide strategic input into the division’s business plan.
- Keep abreast of latest developments within the FinTech industry.
- Honours level degree in either business, finance or IR (BCom, BSc (IT), CA(SA)). Completed tertiary qualification (3-year Degree or National Diploma).
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior management role in a product focused technology business, which is driven by quality and customer service.
- Previous experience leading and developing a product management function.
- Previous experience in the FinTech industry is essential, with a solid understanding of both on-premise and SaaS business models and systems.
- Well-developed product management and strategic thinking skills.
- Proven ability to lead the development of sound product road maps.
- Working knowledge of pricing models, as it pertains to software product management.
- Ability to manage budgets and resource requirements effectively. Engaging leader who gains buy-in and respect from team and peers.
- Sound people management skills and experience.
- Ability to delegate, prioritise and manage a demanding workload which spans breadth of market and depth of product.
- Experience in managing a team budget.
- Bias for action.
- Excellent communicator – leads through influence.
- Ability to think creatively and exploit business opportunities.
- Ability to form relationships at C level.
What will make the incumbent succesful in the role?
Strong ability to work across all teams to get the best outcome for our clients. Must love a challenge and be able to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.