CSG International (NASDAQ: CSGS) is the trusted global partner to help clients launch and monetize communications and entertainment services in the digital age. Leveraging 30 years of experience and expertise in voice, video, data and content services, CSG delivers market-leading revenue management and customer interaction solutions in licensed and managed service models. The company drives business transformation initiatives for the majority of the top 100 global communications service providers, including AT&T, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH, ESPN, Media-Saturn, Orange, Reliance, SingTel Optus, Telefonica, Vodafone, Vivo and Verizon.
The markets CSG supports face unprecedented change. Whether you are a mobile provider in São Paulo, a broadband operator in New York, or content provider in Singapore, customers dictate what services are introduced, how they are delivered, and what they expect in exchange for brand loyalty.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- SME for Jaspersoft within the technology team.
- Design, develop, and support reports and dashboards using Jaspersoft reporting platform and
- related tools
- Ensure that reports are of the highest quality and delivered on time
- Work with internal customers, Business Analysts, developers to understand business
- requirements and specific analytics and reporting needs
- Work within an Agile methodology to design, develop, test, and implement analytics and
- reporting features and functions
- Collect, summarize, analyze data and to provide reports for customers to utilize in decision making and measuring results.
- Create queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Trouble shoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Knowledge of ETL data cleansing, data quality, and standardization techniques
- Ability to translate business reporting requirements into a production report.
- Create report mockups and templates from business requirements when necessary.
- Understand and query disparate database sources, including relational structures, dimensional
- data marts/models and cubes.
- Design and architect schema layer objects for report development
- Work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
- Analyze, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Actively participates in the on-going development, maintenance and improvement of a
- comprehensive Knowledge Base/FAQ repository
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross functional teams to solve business problems.
- Participates in the research of new technologies in a QA environment, as time and
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification with a computer science major from a recognized technikon or university.
- 4+ years' experience in a business intelligence environment
- Minimum 2 to 3 years hands-on experience with Jasper Reports
- Must be able to design complex reports using Jaspersoft Studio
- Experience with embedding Jaspersoft reports.
- Knowledge of report deployment and configuration
- Experience in creating Ad Hoc Reports, OLAP, Views, Domains
- Experience in user and role management on Jaspersoft server.
- Knowledge of Jaspersoft Architecture and Deployment.
- Experience in developing Complex Reports using Jaspersoft Server and Jaspersoft Studio.
- Experience in creating Ad Hoc Reports using Views and Domains.
- Experience in creating dashboards with visualizations.
- Experience handling and producing different file formats: CSV, XML, HTML, XLSX and PDF among others.
- Experience with common Java application development related technologies - Servlets, XML, JSP,
- HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Java script.
- Java programming experience is advantageous
- Create test cases, test data and work with QA team to ensure accurate and complete testing
- Create technical documentation of report logic and processes
- Knowledge and hands on experience of working with Jasper server is a must.
- Demonstrable skills in data visualization
- Comfortable programing in at least one language
- Expert knowledge of PLSQL
- Needs to be able to collaborate well within a team.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
- Must be able to use initiative and take ownership.
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Takes initiative and ownership
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime and standby when required.
The technical writer will be part of an experienced documentation team, working closely with developers and testers in an agile software development environment. The ideal candidate is a writer who likes technology, or a technologist who likes to write. You will need to produce and maintain documentation for the internal and external audiences of CSG's Wholesale Billing Management (WBMS) applications. Documentation includes online help, and guides for installation, implementation, system administration, and APIs. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented intermediate technical writer to build on excellent language, organizational, and interpersonal skills through exposure to technical communications tools and methodologies in a dynamic, global telecommunications organization.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and maintain content
- Adhere to documentation standards and style guidelines
- Proof and edit previously written material
- Maintain documentation build processes
- Independently manage projects
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a related field
- Minimum BA degree in a related field (especially, English, Communications) or Computer Science or related field
- DITA XML experience required
- Competent with MS Word and Excel
- Curious about technology, flexible, eager to learn and acquire new skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, and reading comprehension skills
- Obsession with technical accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to ask the right questions to extract information cordially and effectively
- Able to self-manage, to comfortably multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and to reliably meet deadlines
- Able to take ownership, use initiative, report on progress, and work independently
- A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
The ideal candidate will have experience with or exposure to the following
- Working experience within software development or Internet-related industries (especially, Telecoms)
- Authoring software (especially, Oxygen XML Editor and DITA XML)
- Topic-based writing
- Screen capture software (especially, Snagit), and the appropriate use of screenshots
- Building documentation using scripts (especially, ANT)
- Developing documentation in an agile software development team
- Issue tracking software (especially JIRA)
- Wikis (especially, Confluence)
- XML (especially, DocBook XML)
- Version control systems (especially, SVN)
- API documentation
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.