Content Editor at Opera Software AS
Posted on: 20 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT/Telecommunications
View All Jobs at Opera Software AS
At Opera, we make web browsers for desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets, and connected devices such as TVs. Our business also includes mobile advertising services and solutions. Our aim is to give users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Today, people all over the world can share in the power of the Internet, no matter where they live or how they get online. We believe that participation changes everything. Visit www.opera.com to download our browsers or find out how you can work with us, whether you are an individual or a business.
- Define, implement and execute the editorial plan for numerous African countries on a short, medium, and long-term basis.
- Give users a reliable, sustainable news service that meets their needs, while also hitting KPIs.
- Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning.
- Deal with basic tasks like collecting news sources, extracting keywords, labelling samples.
- Liaise with publishing partners on a regular basis.
- Write copy for special projects and campaigns.
- Plan ahead for major events, ensuring that the optimal amount of coverage is presented in the app at the best time.
- Source the latest news, curating and making sure the hottest topics are in the computer management system.
- Track, understand and categorise different news sources.
- Occasionally rewrite headlines to make them more effective, relatable and relevant.
- Push breaking news and trending topics to the users, understanding what will perform well in the short, medium, and long-term.
- Stay on top of the news at all times.
- Work across Opera teams and offices to support companywide projects and initiatives.
- Degree in communications, journalism, literature or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a fast-paced news environment, keeping to deadlines.
- Management of special media campaigns and working with brands on sponsored and branded content desirable.
- Exceptional knowledge of social media tools with relation to news content.
- Passion and knowledge for news and mobile apps.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CMS; advanced editing skills.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Data analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills, available to respond to people in a timely manner from all over the globe.
- Be proactive and adapt and respond to circumstances.
Shift and weekend work is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Opera Software AS career website on operasoftware.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs