Airports Company South Africa was formed in 1993 as a public company and, although majority owned by the South African Government, is legally and financially autonomous and operates under commercial law. Over the years, the company has transformed a fragmented, infrastructural parastatal into a focused, customer driven, efficient and commercially successful business. The company manages a network of nine airports in South Africa, including the three main international gateways of O.R. Tambo International, Cape Town International and King Shaka International Airports. In 2012, the nine airports facilitated nearly 36 million passenger
Key Performance Outputs
We are looking for candidates who have managed large construction related projects (malls, residential, commercial, building of plants and office parks)
The successful candidate, reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the successful implementation of a portfolio of multi-disciplinary built environment projects from inception to completion. This will include major and minor capital expenditure building and infrastructure projects including property developments.
- Successfully manage the relationships with and involvement of user clients and all stakeholders.
- Effective leadership and management of the activities of teams of multi-disciplinary consultants including project managers, architects, quantity surveyors, various engineers as well as contractors, in line with industry professional agreements and ACSA expectations.
- Implement the required solutions as per the agreed business requirements in line with governance methods, policies and procedures.
- Complete projects within budget and time constraints, to the required world class standard and with minimum discomfort to airport users.
- Short-listed candidates will undergo relevant background checks, vetting and medical examinations as per the company’s security regulations. Should you not receive any response within two weeks of the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of relevant 3 year Built Environment Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Building Science.
- Professional Built Environment Registration as a Project Manager or Built Environment Professional.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant large project experience.
- Previous experience in directing construction related multi -disciplinary professional teams is essential.
- Hands on approach to project management.
- Good understanding and application of PMBOK and Prince 2 principles.
- Working knowledge of JBCC, NEC, GCC, FIDIC and PSC’s.
- MS Office Proficiency.
- Code 08 Drivers licence.
The candidate must be customer focused and can interact with a diverse group of people. In addition, the candidate must have good negotiation skills. The candidate must be able to work under pressure, be able work independently and with minimum supervision; be a problem solver; have good attention to detail; be a conceptual thinker; be results driven; be analytical; be a team player and have good communication skills. Lastly excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and time management skills are desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airports Company South Africa career website on acsa.taleo.net to apply